What's that one fish you just HAVE to have in your reef tank?

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harlequin Tusk is a must

1660358808750.png
Do you have corals or inverts in with your tusk? Hows your experience been? I’m really wanting to get one, my buddy at the LFS kind of gave me that look saying “are you really sure you want to add one of those?”

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you have corals or inverts in with your tusk? Hows your experience been? I’m really wanting to get one, my buddy at the LFS kind of gave me that look saying “are you really sure you want to add one of those?”
Bothers nothing but keep in mind every fish behaves differently

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know...there's always at least one kind of fish that you feel you MUST have in order for your tank to feel complete. For me (as cliche as this sounds), it's a pair of clownfish. I've gotta have 'em!
A blenny! They’re so adorable, unquestionably, the one fish I MUST HAVE at some point.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. Yes he even covers some of my lower corals which cause some problems. But I love him.
Same here. Literally keep a turkey baster next to the tank so I can clean off lower corals every darn day, but the sandbed looks great! Fair trade-off in my opinion. He works hard!

oceancowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would be a flame hawkfish. Great color and interesting behavior. I had one for over 10 years.

PeeperKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pair of Clowns are for sure a must. Always grab a Royal Gramma as my first fish too….
Believe it or not, I had a RG as the only fish in my tank for a couple of YEARS. This was not by choice but because he was a bully (he’d been in the tank for about 8 years and just outlasted tankmates) and wouldn’t let me add other fish I wanted (tangs, fairy & flasher wrasses, mandarins, scooters and other small fish) and I couldn’t remove him without removing all the rocks/corals (tried everything up to and including one of those gated clear fish traps…which he wouldn’t approach no matter what tastey stuff I put in it). RG’s are beautiful but I may not ever have another one. My advice is don’t let them have the place to themselves for very long.

PeeperKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and +1 on mandarin. I’m excited about the aquacultured mandarins available now.

Back