What's the 1 piece of Equipment you wish you had bought first?

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice heaters with a controller. Not those ones you have to dial in.
Yea im learning that right now. Had my inkbird + BRS heater for less than 2 weeks and its already error'ing out and not heating properly. Going to return it and try the new Finnex Heater + Controller

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea im learning that right now. Had my inkbird + BRS heater for less than 2 weeks and its already error'ing out and not heating properly. Going to return it and try the new Finnex Heater + Controller
That is disappointing as I have 3 systems running with that combo and APEX has never had to intervene. Of course, given the season, it is really all about the chillers not the heaters.

You must be running some serious A/C down there to have a heater come on. My heaters haven't drawn a watt since late April?

Emerson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 ATO. I ran a tank for 5 years just adding water to the sump when it got low with no regard at all for stable salinity. I had no backup if I overfilled and the power went out and the sump overflowed since I just filled it up to what looked about right. At the time (2010) it seemed like an ATO was too much fuss and complication. Sooo much simpler with one!

stephenm894

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. Whats the 1 piece of equipment you bought after setting up your tank that you wished you had gotten from the beginning. Mine was an Ape
Title says it all. Whats the 1 piece of equipment you bought after setting up your tank that you wished you had gotten from the beginning. Mine was an Apex.
Qt tank for sure

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best first move, put the tank in the spot you will enjoy looking at it the most, and also the easiest spot for you to work and maintain it. tank placement is key

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this may seem odd, but snails. If you wait until you have your first algae outbreak, you end up adding snails on short notice and risk introducing ich or velvet. The parasites can attach to the shells. Better to get them early to QT for 72 days. Feed them nori while in QT.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the Apex

The other thing I didn’t know I needed till I got it was a Water Station - ATO, AWC, and Auto RODI refill.
121CB0D6-D6EB-483F-A5E3-5C54218A7762.jpeg
What’s a Auto Rodi refill?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing i wish i bought first would been bigger tank as love some of the bigger fish.but it probably out of question as live in seconfd floor flat with a very tight stairway at sides and underneath of stairs above giving very little room plus my 80 gallon dt took 4 of us to carry up the stairs, maybe if got acrylic tank ot be lighter and at a push could possibly get a 120 g maximum maybe i say in confidence ^_^

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Good/decent lights. I have wasted a lot of money thinking i can get by with cheaper lights. Everything i buy today is complete overkill and i just turn it down as needed. I am sure i will upgrade my tank again in the next couple of years lol

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back