What's the 1 piece of Equipment you wish you had bought first?

Boomer52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started reading this thread I thought, Apex. No question. Then I started thinking of things that made maintenance easier and I thought the ATO since it eliminated replacing evaporation every day. Then the roller mat since it did away with filter socks. There are just too many things that fit the question of what do you wish you bought first.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started reading this thread I thought, Apex. No question. Then I started thinking of things that made maintenance easier and I thought the ATO since it eliminated replacing evaporation every day. Then the roller mat since it did away with filter socks. There are just too many things that fit the question of what do you wish you bought first.
Well true, but its more geared to people that really needed that 1 piece

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I got my parameters set;
1626210182923.png

Boomer52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well true, but its more geared to people that really needed that 1 piece
Not the way I read it. However, others who responded with the same three pieces of equipment, but only one in each reply, must have "really needed" it more than I did. Thanks for the comment. I'll be more careful with my replies in the future .

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the way I read it. However, others who responded with the same three pieces of equipment, but only one in each reply, must have "really needed" it more than I did. Thanks for the comment. I'll be more careful with my replies in the future .
Didn't mean to offend or anything bud, sorry if you took offense.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it was a powerful return pump. A panworld one. Pushes 1700gph under pressure. 1 pump runs my filter "sock", my rfg return nozzels for random flow, and my Bashsea beckett skimmer, and my uv sterilizer all on the same plumbing.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it was a powerful return pump. A panworld one. Pushes 1700gph under pressure. 1 pump runs my filter "sock", my rfg return nozzels for random flow, and my Bashsea beckett skimmer, and my uv sterilizer all on the same plumbing.
Yea didn't even think of a manifold

jake royston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a control panel to mount all my equipment for my 210 gallon tank. Really cleaned up things and no more cords piled up looking like an octopus ready to devour me. 2nd to that would have to be the Apex system w Trident water testing.
Wow! I had no idea the Trident was that big! Looks awesome though.

For me, id say a quarantine tank... Lets just say i thought my tang had beat ich, and im running to the LFS to set up a QT tank today.:(

dlaird76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a control panel to mount all my equipment for my 210 gallon tank. Really cleaned up things and no more cords piled up looking like an octopus ready to devour me. 2nd to that would have to be the Apex system w Trident water testing.
Wow.....that panel is almost as beautiful as the tank......almost lol

Nano Chris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely apex! If I would have I’d probably still have my 90 gallon setup today, eventually it got to be too much to handle at the time & I downgraded to a Red Sea 130 (34 gal nano) & then I had a heater kill everything Just started back into the hobby the beginning of the year & went right away & bought an apex to help automate everything & so I can monitor it better. Eventually I want to get a backup power system to keep it going just in case the power goes out (recent storms in our area made it go out but luckily I was home)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back