What's the #1 thing you need for your reef build right now?

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to redo the sump and fix the partitions. Guess I should find a temporary sump and get on with it. Being lazy in part and not wanting to mess with silicone/acrylic so should source some glass instead. It’s limping along as is which is why I haven’t jumped to fix it.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to saltwater and bought 2 controllable wavemakers.one broke other day so a better wavemaker/ powerhead.
But looking at vortech mp40 and there £ 330 so really expensive pffft

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you see a big improvement?
I'm not certain that I will be able to definitively answer that question. The system has only been running since the beginning of September. It was near the end of March for the installation of the DX18 and I just increased the output of the T5's and decreased the Hydra32's on June 2nd. So, I really don't think things were stable enough at any time to say, yes or no. However, we all know the value of T5's on the blue and violet end of things, so I feel pretty confident it was a move in the right direction.

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A plan I can support and execute.

I've wasted too much effort in the dream stages and that has only left me without a real goal for a new tank/system. Home remodeling distractions, work obligations, and the imapcts of a lifetime of abuses have left me here like a parked car at the edge of a winding desert road without the desire to move in any particulare direction other than back into bed with the blankets pulled over my eyes.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by PeacockTV

I'm a HUGE Christopher Walken fan.
Prob my favorite Actor.

I read that now whenever Christopher runs into Will Ferrell at a Hollywood Event, Christopher jokingly chokes Ferrell around the neck and says,

"Ferrell.... you ruined my career with that ******* cowbell skit. Everyone wants my autograph saying 'More Cowbell' "

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll make some calls later and let's see if we can't get this mess fixed already.
Read an article today that new permits may be issued soon and one of the fish on the list is the potters angel, now how soon is soon is the question!!!
I'm patient!!! Lol

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read an article today that new permits may be issued soon and one of the fish on the list is the potters angel, now how soon is soon is the question!!!
I'm patient!!! Lol
Right. We have been working on this issue for awhile now and maybe I can't get them to finally move in the correct direction for the good hobbists who just want to support the HI economy and enjoy the beautiful fish.

I have no patiences but I do stretch the limits of my influence with great flare. :) I also pray and that is where most of my help comes from.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The new tank should be here in the coming weeks so that is handled. I need the aluminum stand still. Got the custom Trigger Platinum 44 sump already. Have the second SICCE WiFi return pump sitting and waiting. Lights will be what I have on my tank already but I do need to add a 250w Reef Brite pendant and ballast. Oh, and 2 of the 60" XHO bars.

I need more rock and sand. Thinking of trying out the tree kits from Caribsea, Life Rock, or whoever. I will also need some Tunze Stream 3 pumps...then of course a load of QTd fish from Dr Reef.

So, is any of that on your list Rev?

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life to stop hitting the pause button so I can get started. A Structural Engineer who doesn’t charge to much so I know which build I can do (actually making progress on this).

Back