What's the #1 thing you need for your reef build right now?

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Room
20210612_175614.jpg

Uzair Aiman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef tanks are an ongoing, perpetual "reef build" if you will. Chances are you will always need something to take it to the next step or next level. I might just be working on a little something to help someone with that so I need your help with some answers! :p

What's the #1 thing you need for your reef build right now to take it to the next level?

RESIST the urge to say money! LOL! Seriously what could you really use?

bigstock-Man-With-Question-Mark-On-Fore-421752830.jpg
New lights o_Oo_O

MikesMach1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to add another echotech mp10 power head next ,that would finish that part out ,a piece at a time

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A male Yasha Haze goby. My male jumped through the lid. Just found him. Sniff sniff he was beautiful.

Attachments

• ABC34C2E-6C51-4740-B6FA-BD7818D13309.jpeg
    ABC34C2E-6C51-4740-B6FA-BD7818D13309.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 20

BillFish Coral Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$$$$
Okay, seriously, I've been planning this build for well over a year and it is getting close to reality. The tank, 40" x 21" 20", from Crystal Dynamics, with Modular Marine 1600 gph external overflow, should be ready in a couple to a few weeks.
I have the media reactors for the manifold I'll be building, a couple of dosing containers, APEX, DOS, new RODI, Skimmer, Brute container for cycling the new MarcoRocks 'scape I get to build, heaters for the cycle and the new tank, a couple of MP1200s, and from my current standard 120 (only reef tank ever - okay, I have a NanoCube 29 sitting over in the corner, but that had to go after a short time because it was too loud for my wife in the bedroom) - and, from my current tank, two existing MP40s and three XR15s I bought last year. Whew! That's a lot of credit I'm overextended on!

ANSWER TO THE QUESTION: I currently have an estimate for the 80/20 black Extruded Aluminum frame that I plan to buy next and I'm waiting for an add-on quote for the top, bottom, and back panels.... Yea! This is the biggest deal to me. Perfect way to display the tank until the cows come home, and then they can sleep on top of the stand too! Later I'll skin the rest in black HDPE but before that I need a new sump, ato reservoir and pump. Oh, and I might want to install some plumbing to go with the manifold!

I'm doing it this way because I don't ever want to do this again! One awesome life-tank and stand to outlast even that!

I never, ever thought I would be able to do this.... Keep your hopes high!

Oh, I forgot. How am I ever going to stock this thing? Anyone wanna buy all this stuff?

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco rock. Been waiting for the premium shelf rock since before Xmas…can’t be helped with the current global situation I guess but very frustrating considering I started my build last August.

Appoloreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef tanks are an ongoing, perpetual "reef build" if you will. Chances are you will always need something to take it to the next step or next level. I might just be working on a little something to help someone with that so I need your help with some answers! :p

What's the #1 thing you need for your reef build right now to take it to the next level?

I need fish and corals LOL. I just started again so I need to slowly get fish and corals

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kessil a80 for my nuvo 10
the rubble is to make a area for pods to breed, and increase biodiversity(why I want live rock rubble not cheaper marco rubble)
FWIW go with the a160. I have a maxi/mini/BTA/Mancini Aerolata 10g nuvo and at 100% the BTA is stretching to the waters surface. I have a spare 360x that I’m thinking might be better (turned down to like 60%).

forgive the lime green stuff everywhere…my maxi/mini’s had an orgy last night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 26

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’d like to auto dose some kalk to try and boost my Ph since the CO2 scrubber and chaeto ain’t gettin’ it done.

I think I’d just settle for my Ph to stay above 8.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Access to my tank and sump from the front! I thought I was being cool and minimalist with my in-wall build having no access doors in the wall. I do everything behind the scenes in the fish room. What a pain in the butt it is to reach the front-bottom of my tank from the back---or do any sump work on the far side of it! Wish I could convince my wife to let me put in access doors.:oops:
1624019109790.png

mjh712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another (& Bigger) Quarantine Tank... I found somewhere that has a Whitetail Bristletooth & my 10G QT is currently home to 2 Wrasses going through Copper

And something to kill the Aiptasia I found wedged between the frag plug & the monti I got... It was legimately under the frag on top of the plug... thought the monti had sweeper tentacles for half a sec

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More tank! I've got too many sub 60G tanks going. I just need to go big here soon and cut out some of this maintenance.

Back