What's the #1 thing you need for your reef build right now?

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TIME! I have the tank and stand built, filled and running, slowly adding fish as they come through Quarantine. But I need to enclose the top area and the framing below the stand. Then complete fish room and build stands for Quarantine tanks. I want to have 3-4 Quarantine tanks for corals and Inverts.
PNIN7420.JPG

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another gyre power head, thinking icecap 2k, an oxydator, Poseidon phyto and copepod culture kit, a gfo/carbon reactor, auto water change set up, and more fish and more coral.

Islandvib3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could really use a in sump skimmer as its just a 20L under my 40 breeder display. I've had a bunch of growth over that past couple months of it running and have invested alot in LPS but want to move more towards SPS now.how ever my tank is dirty and I think that's why I have such success with LPS.ive been lucky enough to also score some free stuff from pple moving and me clearing the "junk" I've gotten lights,phosphate reactors, calcium reactors. One also had a ph probe and alk the accessories for it.so now I have a ph reader.also got a water cooler and some other random stuff which im very grateful for but don't know how to run.right now its just my 40b dt,20L sump,viparspectra 300w,2 heaters in sump,Milwaukee ph reader,jebao 4k pump. 2 powerheads. Its all DIY. Im a disabled army veteran so I try and build it all myself. I need to make a sock adapter,skimmer and I think ill have all thats needed.thanks in advance and here's some updated pictures
20210620_191940.jpg
20210620_192008.jpg
20210620_191946.jpg
20210620_201527.jpg
20210620_201642.jpg
20210620_201648.jpg
20210620_201743.jpg

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing parts
Light mounting equipment.

eventually want to add t5 supplement as well, but I don’t NEED that, per day….

Reefhab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef tanks are an ongoing, perpetual "reef build" if you will. Chances are you will always need something to take it to the next step or next level. I might just be working on a little something to help someone with that so I need your help with some answers! :p

What's the #1 thing you need for your reef build right now to take it to the next level?

RESIST the urge to say money! LOL! Seriously what could you really use?

bigstock-Man-With-Question-Mark-On-Fore-421752830.jpg
I'm just starting. So, I could use a mentor that lives near me

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A temperature controller to prevent my tank from overheating this summer
I’ll never forget a guy I sold a tank to putting his reef tank in his summerhouse. I warned him of the huge temperature fluctuations he will see from winter to summer and how hot in particular it would get in there in the summer months. He phoned me one day to say his tank was nearing 28 degrees Celsius but kept telling me he had turned his heaters down…I genuinely could not get him to understand that turning heaters down doesn’t cool your water! The tank sadly ended in disaster and he sold it all a year later blaming me for all of his failures and no longer speakers to me…crazy.
I installed two titanium heaters one in the tank and one in the sump plugged into the Aquamedic heater controller for him and on this warm day when I turned up to try and help he had ripped it all out and thrown two cheap eheim heaters in and turned them down to 20 degrees thinking they would cool the tank down. Sorry for going off topic this just reminded me of it all.

Last edited:

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it was said, but money. Definitely waiting to sell a few frags to purchase the rest of the equipment. And by a few, I mean like 100.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back