What's the best protein skimmer?

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my Bubble Magus Curve 5 Elite.

Just make sure you pony up the extra 40 to 60 bucks for the elite series. Better pump and easier to disassemble.
I did. I ordered the Bubble Magnus Elite 7 from Premium Aquatics for $332.49 after coupon. I had to make a decision today because I have no skimmer in the sump right now. I am going to clean and sell the Nyos. I will be glad to see it gone. It was almost thrown out of the window a few times!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. I ordered the Bubble Magnus Elite 7 from Premium Aquatics for $332.49 after coupon. I had to make a decision today because I have no skimmer in the sump right now. I am going to clean and sell the Nyos. I will be glad to see it gone. It was almost thrown out of the window a few times!
Funny you mention the NYOS....

I nearly bought one when they first came out, but waited. My old skimmer pump died suddenly, and didn't have the funds available to buy the NYOS, so opted for the BM. By the sounds of it, I'm glad I did.

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be a lot of love for the Nyos out there but I absolutely hated it. It is extremely picky on settings. Mine continuously filled my display with micro bubbles. I tried every increment of settings and water depth but in the end I grew to hate it. It worked for a while but once you have to start making adjustments things get ugly. Maybe people that don't like Nyos are not leaving reviews. I don't know. But I do know I will never own another one.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the anticipation of the larger tank i am now looking at skimmers. I currently have a bubble magus Q3 skimmet.skimmer. with some quick research only does up to 100 to 300 litres and I'm increasing to 500 litres plus sump. So what do you guys recommend is a good skimmer to go into a sump? not expensive either preferably....or if I am doing a fish only tank no corals would my current skimmer do ok? Because that would be awesome ;)
Thanks in advance!
I
Bubble-Magus-Q3-Nano-Hanging-On-Protein-Skimmer-for-marine-tank-100-300L-water.jpg
My 90 had a bubble magnus 180 A which
So with the anticipation of the larger tank i am now looking at skimmers. I currently have a bubble magus Q3 skimmet.skimmer. with some quick research only does up to 100 to 300 litres and I'm increasing to 500 litres plus sump. So what do you guys recommend is a good skimmer to go into a sump? not expensive either preferably....or if I am doing a fish only tank no corals would my current skimmer do ok? Because that would be awesome ;)
Thanks in advance!

Bubble-Magus-Q3-Nano-Hanging-On-Protein-Skimmer-for-marine-tank-100-300L-water.jpg
I ran a bubble magus on my 90 gallon tank and was really pleased with performance but somewhat noisy I thought especially when I bought and ran eshopps s series 200 for my other tank which is 80 gallon rimless. The performance of 200 produced a lot of skimate and I could barely here it operate And the maintenance of skimmer is a breeze.

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble Magus Curve Elite 7

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering what you think to your BM elite skimmer now its been a few years.

I have a nyos right now and like you hate it, I want to throw it out the window right now lol. Why it gets such great reviews blows my mind.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back