WHATS THE CRAZIEST THING YOU'D HAVE HAPPEN WHILE REEFING?

KABrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I found my first aiptasia and started looking for quick remedies and found lemon juice, then super glue the hole that it retreats into. So I gave it a shot. Aiptasia shot into hole and I super glued it in. Then out of nowhere my cleaner shrimp came darting in to eat the glue and now his leg or the one they use to eat with is literally super glued into its mouth. I'm hoping with some miracle it'll survive. After this I thought, wonder what kinda

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the weekend, I added several fish to my display, including (what I hope to be a pair, but might be two males) bluejaw triggerfish just about 4" long. The obvious male was in hiding the first day, but shyly peeked out of the rocks day two, and gradually became bolder - but the female was nowhere to be seen. This evening, I decided, I'd clean up my Gyre pumps a bit, as they'd gotten pretty sluggish, and when I lifted the screen-top to remove the first pump, spotted some movement in the right overflow . . .

Yeah, you guessed it! She all but swam into my hand to be lifted back into the main tank.

~B.

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad had a 180 in wall reef. His dumb butt had a tiny weight holding a hose in his tank. Well he was leaning in from the back cleaning and his elbow hit the weight and it fell into the overflow box, hit the bottom glass and it cracked all the way across the tank. Needless to say he called me and I ran over and saved all his fish and coral. He never had a tank again

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I found my first aiptasia and started looking for quick remedies and found lemon juice, then super glue the hole that it retreats into. So I gave it a shot. Aiptasia shot into hole and I super glued it in. Then out of nowhere my cleaner shrimp came darting in to eat the glue and now his leg or the one they use to eat with is literally super glued into its mouth. I'm hoping with some miracle it'll survive. After this I thought, wonder what kinda
Im sorry that really sucks but this made my laugh. I hope he’s ok, but what are the odds lol. I feel bad for laughing, but thank you for sharing.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad had a 180 in wall reef. His dumb butt had a tiny weight holding a hose in his tank. Well he was leaning in from the back cleaning and his elbow hit the weight and it fell into the overflow box, hit the bottom glass and it cracked all the way across the tank. Needless to say he called me and I ran over and saved all his fish and coral. He never had a tank again
That’s a sad story. That’s like my worst nightmare to have a tank crack. Sad it kept him out of the hobby. But hey it’s never too late? Maybe he will her a tank still.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the weekend, I added several fish to my display, including (what I hope to be a pair, but might be two males) bluejaw triggerfish just about 4" long. The obvious male was in hiding the first day, but shyly peeked out of the rocks day two, and gradually became bolder - but the female was nowhere to be seen. This evening, I decided, I'd clean up my Gyre pumps a bit, as they'd gotten pretty sluggish, and when I lifted the screen-top to remove the first pump, spotted some movement in the right overflow . . .

Yeah, you guessed it! She all but swam into my hand to be lifted back into the main tank.

~B.
Wow. Glad she made it.

Roachbeef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a sad story. That’s like my worst nightmare to have a tank crack. Sad it kept him out of the hobby. But hey it’s never too late? Maybe he will her a tank still.
I just started a 280 after taking 5 years off. I set a camera up for him to look in on it when he wants lol. I'll be posting my build thread hopefully this weekend!!!!!

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a 280 after taking 5 years off. I set a camera up for him to look in on it when he wants lol. I'll be posting my build thread hopefully this weekend!!!!!
Awesome! Glad your back, that’s really cool to set up a camera for him to look at it. I look forward to your build thread. Take care

HAPPY REEFING

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back