what's the difference between radion XR 15 gen 5 and kessil tuna blue 360x

Frostynipps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's the difference between radion XR 15 gen 5 and kessil tuna blue 360x. I don't realy care about disco ball effect or shimmer but power and life span coral growth and color also price wise. I was going to get the 360x with wifi adapter and 5x lens and noticed that its more expensive then the XR 15 when bundled. also with the 360x is the wired spectral controller better then the wifi app. if something else is better for 32 gallon biocube then these let me know around 600 or 700 dollars.

Last edited:

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really the big differences is the wide shimmer lines of a kessil mimic ocean the lighting appearance better (mimics the sun as a single point of light). The performance isn't going to be that noticeable. It really does just depend on if you like that heavy shimmer or not.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you know if I'm better off getting the wired or wifi controller with the kessil
That’s personal choice. I bought the wired control for my 360x and it works great just have to be standing at the tank to adjust it. On my large tank I have the AP700 and I can do that from the sofa. So not one better than the other just convenience.

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s personal choice. I bought the wired control for my 360x and it works great just have to be standing at the tank to adjust it. On my large tank I have the AP700 and I can do that from the sofa. So not one better than the other just convenience.
Also regardless how you do It, get the wired controller or the wifi. The color possibilities compared to manual on the light are endless.

OP
OP
Frostynipps

Frostynipps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is magical how my corals opened right away under blue light. I've had the blue lights on with the other lights because they were to strong and all the algae it was growing. Now the algae is almost gone sense I switched to RODI water, 2H2O 4ml at night, 10 hermit crabs, some snails, vibrant+microbactor7+microbactor clean, blue lights at 10% intensity and whites off. It did wonders. Its taken 4 months after buying a live rock at Petco that had gha and other uglies. for now (I know its probability coming back after I turn the whites again)

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back