Whats the easiest way to control radion gen 4

charliethetuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 radion gen 4 pros that I had bought right before they went to g5 .mine are all mobius ready so I have been holding out on purchasing a wxm or reeflink ,figured mobius would be coming out soon .I'm controlling them threw ecotech live and I find it a real pain in the butt.i can't wait much longer .I'm thinking about getting the reeflink or wxm which would u recommend. Which is easyeir to use ?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was using reef link as well and it was absolutely terrible. Mobius still has its ups and downs but I’d say it’s a heck of a lot easier. I haven’t had it crash on me but I have had it not download and update over and over. But I keep resetting the app and it finally worked. Could have been my phone but who knows!

Twoddler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So mobius is working right now for the gen4s ? How do I get them on there
The later gen4 are compatible with mobius, there early gen4 you would need to purchase a new chip.. https://krakencorals.co.uk/aquatics/ecotech-rf-upgrade-chip-for-ecosmart-drivers.html
But either way you need to download mobius app, create your reef and add your radions or any other mobius controlled equipment. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...utm_medium=organic&utm_term=mobius+app+radion

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've used Radions since 2011 and when the reeflink first came out I thought that I could finally get away from the long cord.
But after dealing with nothing but problems with it for a couple months, I gave it away. Some people like it, IMO more don't.
Now with the new mobius control, I'm seeing the same thing.
With the very limited range and having to view the controls on a tiny screen ( compared to a computer screen), and the issues of a first run product, IMO ESL is still the better way.
When I set up a program, I leave it alone. Maybe that's why it works for me. If you are constantly going in a messing with it, then you are asking for issues, IMO.

OP
OP
charliethetuna

charliethetuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I got them linked up to mobius finally after a day of struggling .I had to go out and by a new tablet .I could not connect with my phone for some reason .as of now everything seams to be working good

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
so I got them linked up to mobius finally after a day of struggling .I had to go out and by a new tablet .I could not connect with my phone for some reason .as of now everything seams to be working good
What tablet did you buy?

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to have them on WXM but went back to reeflink. No issues with reeflink like people say. I moved my radions off the WXM because you shouldn't be messing around with your lights all the time anyways.

OP
OP
charliethetuna

charliethetuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to have them on WXM but went back to reeflink. No issues with reeflink like people say. I moved my radions off the WXM because you shouldn't be messing around with your lights all the time anyways.
I hardly mess with my lights .my issue was I did not have a wxm or a reef link I was using g eco tech live and that is a pai. U have to run 2 programs to do any changes ,sometime it would work some times it wouldn't. Now that I'm on mobiusits pretty easy for me .still some connecting issues here and there but overall not bad

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back