Votes: 16 3.4%

• Total voters

Shadowfax

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe I found a pic of it online!!!!
My first light.... circa 2007
41CfaL+1QmL._AC_SY780_.jpg
Wow, Mine too! it was good!

IamChrismWard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Refers today will probably cry when I say the 1st coral I bought was 35 years ago, it was about a 10" tall Elkhorn colony that I paid less than $20 for.

Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First coral I ever got was a pulsing xenia... and the clowns pictured. It's been about 8 years. Sorry about the bad pic quality. :)
Xenia_Clowns.jpg

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the FIRST coral you ever bought?

Oh my gosh,, for me,, we're talking 2007.... but I'm pretty sure it was Yellow Polyps

a1f30d9286f873f03837e3cd5a4150d0--saltwater-tank-saltwater-aquarium.jpg

For some reason everyone thinks they're invasive and ugly and only one step above Aiptasia.... but I always thought they were pretty cool and add color to your tank.

You never see these for sale anymore

Reclassify them as a zoa and give them a cool marketing name like Yellow Jacket Stingers and they'd probably sell for $15/polyp. Lol
I had these in my 1st tank yrs ago, I liked them. I think that Saltwaterfish.com had some for sale not so long ago.
These were definitely one of my first corals long ago lol

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a garden of 7 different zoas on eBay complete with great pictures which turned out to be 7 one polyps frags of which only one or two opened up. Of course my JBJ 28 nano cube was only three weeks old at the time 2013. Learned a lot since then. BTW The two that opened were amazing with the fluorescent color and I was hooked.

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were devils Fingers leather coral, Kenya trees, blastomussa, Zoas, Xenia, gsp and other cool softies for my first tank a few years back (seahorse aquarium). I bought them all at the same time and they did fairly well!

ReeferMadness01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green hairy mushroom and devils hand frag. The mushrooms are all over now and the devils hand is 10x larger

CCR671

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez, let me think it was either a mushroom or a pulsing Xenia….
…then I bought a dendro lol

KingLucy1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A yellow tipped Gorgonian. Not the best first timer coral. It shed all of its flesh and it never grew back within the first month.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sinularia leather coral , black torch and a blue tipped green hammer (yep all three at once ) 3 years later still happily growing .

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Star Polyps all day. Still have the same rock covered and now patch on my back wall! :). Call it easy sure, but I like how it looks and its durability

Pescador

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

iamahab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That first lonely Scrambled Eggs from 8 months ago. Then the addiction started and I count about 35 different corals in that little tank now. What has happened to me?
Feb4.jpg
Ok thank god I ran across your post. I have an evo with 20 small corals in it and I've been thinking it's too much for such a small new tank ( 8 months), after reading your post I feel better about things.Are you still rocking the stock light on your evo? I'm running a kessil a80 on mine.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank god I ran across your post. I have an evo with 20 small corals in it and I've been thinking it's too much for such a small new tank ( 8 months), after reading your post I feel better about things.Are you still rocking the stock light on your evo? I'm running a kessil a80 on mine.
That's funny, I think the same about mine. As they grow I have had to frag some of mine or trade them in at the LFS, but I still probably have about the same number. I had a 1.5" toadstool that is about 6" across now. I think it will be sold or getting traded in for a smaller one soon. I wanted to keep the hood, so a Fluval brand light was the only one that would fit. I bought one of those and a blue strip from Amazon. The lighting is good now. You should start a build thread!

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do the dead coral skeletons i bought from a souvenir stand in florida in the 80's to use as tank decor count ?...if not it was brown xenia...and i managed to kill it...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back