Whats the first thing people notice in YOUR tank?!?

BRS

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
People are over, whether it be family or friends and they are around or walk by your fish tank... they look and they point and say, "What is that???"

When this question happens in your tank what is the consistent thing that people are wanting to know more about with your tank? Usually its a super bright coral, a crazy looking fish, or a wild piece of equipment! When you get this question what is your answer you give most the time?

I know for me, the first thing people notice in my system is my Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse "Lucky"
(Can check lucky out here on this thread!)

I am interested to hear from you all, and to hear what the showstopper is for your system, or the most recognized thing from outsiders! (Yes I called them outsiders..)

tapping fish tank GIF

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I keep small tanks but have dense corals so its a bit of sensory overload.

I have a grapefruit sized nean green birdsnest growing next to a forrest fire digi and both corals are freakishly vibrant. The contrast is blinding and really grabs attention.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
That it's BIG!

Galactic Coral Live Sale

Low Tech Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
My football sized branching green hammer coral.
Next it's the "happy" cleaner wrasse cleaning the six line wrasse and the copperband butterflyfish and the chromis and the kole tang and anything else that might be present and might need cleaning.
Really, the cleaner wrasse steals the show.

Corals.com

Jilly92

View Badges
Reaction score
People are over, whether it be family or friends and they are around or walk by your fish tank... they look and they point and say, "What is that???"

When this question happens in your tank what is the consistent thing that people are wanting to know more about with your tank? Usually its a super bright coral, a crazy looking fish, or a wild piece of equipment! When you get this question what is your answer you give most the time?

I know for me, the first thing people notice in my system is my Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse "Lucky"
(Can check lucky out here on this thread!)

I am interested to hear from you all, and to hear what the showstopper is for your system, or the most recognized thing from outsiders! (Yes I called them outsiders..)

tapping fish tank GIF
That corals can glow like they do

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
BRS

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ZOANTHIDS?

• LOVE them

Votes: 420 44.4%
  • Like them

Votes: 260 27.5%
  • They're "ok"

Votes: 179 18.9%
  • Don't like them