whats the longest you have had a fish survive in the mail

thecouch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the longest you have had a fish or invert survive in the mail

looks like ive just got lucky with my Zebra barred goby/dartfish . I order online in australia from a place i normally get my packages 24-36hrs but due to delays with couriers and a 24hr strike my package took 120hrs . I was already to take pics of dead fish to try and make a claim for insurance and was shock he was still alive I was suprised the heat pack still had some heat as it had been pretty cool that week in Sydney where it was sitting in a depot . It was struggling for first afternoon but by morning has dug it self some tunnels under rocks . he went nuts at first feed and has been going great in the 5 days since . I also got a strombus snail that has been doing great cleaning up everything including my other snails . anemone I got is also living at the moment but 1/4 of it looked damaged or rotten but the rest is looking great . Im hoping it survives

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had hermits/snails and conch survive 72 hours and got them at like 85F plus in Florida heat no problem, longest fish time was almost 40 hours.

With the fish (wrasse of all things) I did a 30 minute float, one cup of tank water 5 minutes and netted and plunk.

Surprisingly, he did the best vs. the other two Wrasses that were dripped.

How did you acclimate?

OP
OP
T

thecouch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had hermits/snails and conch survive 72 hours and got them at like 85F plus in Florida heat no problem, longest fish time was almost 40 hours.

With the fish (wrasse of all things) I did a 30 minute float, one cup of tank water 5 minutes and netted and plunk.

Surprisingly, he did the best vs. the other two Wrasses that were dripped.

How did you acclimate?
Acclimatise was quick. Due to starting new tank there were no other fish in tank. 10min bag in water. Then put his water in bowl with same amount from tank. Swirled water around with finger to make a slow whirlpool. It wasn't swimming but stayed upright. Then straight into tank. Thought the quicker it gets into new water the better. First arvo it just leaned up against the back wall . In the morning it was hiding under a rock after moving the sand out of the way

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back