What's the NUMBER ONE coral that you're very excited about right now?

Do you have a NUMBER ONE coral that you're very excited about right now?

• Yes and it is...(tell us in the thread)

Votes: 97 39.9%
  • No not really excited about any particular coral right now

Votes: 66 27.2%
  • Just getting into adding coral so they are all exciting

Votes: 67 27.6%
  • No coral at all for me in the tank

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Our interests change when it comes to coral in our tank. It varies based on experience level, prices of certain coral, what's popular, growth patters, tank goals etc. So today let's talk about what coral you're really digging right now!

What's the NUMBER ONE coral that you're very excited about right now and WHY is that?

CRT Red Riding Hood Acro image via @gws3
pDgZf6G.jpg

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a NY knicks and cotton candy torch. Trying my luck again. They seem very happy with great polyp extension and fleshy stalks. My pc rainbow is also encrusting like a champ and showing great color with a lime green base and russet orange/red stalk. Happy my acros are all still happy.

Garf bonsai growing like molasses though. Might need more white light or lower phosphates, not sure.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be my new acropora efflorescens!!! :star-struck:

I'm very excited, because this is my first attempt at keeping Acropora in many years, and my first ever in my skimmer-less system. I've scarcely had it for a week and I'm already seeing excellent polyp extension.

I've also just thrown in a second pump in the tank, to augment the flow around it, as I did notice a few branches are a little prone to have detritus settle. I had a Tunze 6020 for the whole tank. Now I've placed a Tunze 6040, with the deflector aimed at the colony, in order to blast the area every 10 seconds. :)

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Started out not "getting" the allure of acros since they were more expensive and harder to keep and I was mostly into LPS. But now I've got a trident, CO2 scrubber, and all the KZ products just to keep them alive and color them up. Still very into goniopora/aleavapora though which seem to be very happy in my tank.

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An avatar chalice that’ll be coming this Friday. I don’t really have room for it, but couldn’t resist.

otherwise am excited for my gold branching hammer, which is growing its fourth head (at a very solid pace). Especially since in the last, Hammers for some reason wouldn’t live in my tank; they would just waste away.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stellaria chalice I got from WWC's last live sale. Looking forward to watching that one grow

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An avatar chalice that’ll be coming this Friday. I don’t really have room for it, but couldn’t resist.

otherwise am excited for my gold branching hammer, which is growing its fourth head (at a very solid pace). Especially since in the last, Hammers for some reason wouldn’t live in my tank; they would just waste away.
Love this chalice! Puts out tons of feeders at night. Greedy eater!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m excited for my Stylophora and Acropora. Fighting the sunlight a bit (Darn you Film algae) but these two are growing like nothings happened!
I’ll get a photo of both once I’ve cleaned the glass.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"No coral at all for me in the tank"​

Tank crashed a month back. I have been stabilizing the tank and it is coming back around. The corals that survive will mean something special to me. I am for the first time really excited about a fish. I want my first flasher wrasse.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back