What's the one fish you'd NEVER buy? And why...

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably any type of wrasse. Idk, I just don't like them. For some reason I just don't like their boring shape.
Wait, what? They remind me of little, teensy dolphins as they gyrate through the tank. So graceful! So streamlined! So colourful! They're amazing.

MrTPlush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, what? They remind me of little, teensy dolphins as they gyrate through the tank. So graceful! So streamlined! So colourful! They're amazing.

Haha...I don't know. I admit I haven't seen them much in the store and not in a home aquarium. I just find them to be a bit 'meh'. Though I saw a ruby wrasse once and thought that one looked pretty sweet.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on everything I have read on here it would probably be a clownfish. I don't understand how something so cute and innocent looking can be so evil. Haha.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha...I don't know. I admit I haven't seen them much in the store and not in a home aquarium. I just find them to be a bit 'meh'. Though I saw a ruby wrasse once and thought that one looked pretty sweet.
Wait until you see male fairy wrasses, a melarus, a leopard, or a green or yellow coris wrasse. Just beautiful.

MrTPlush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until you see male fairy wrasses, a melarus, a leopard, or a green or yellow coris wrasse. Just beautiful.

I always figured pictures online don't do their color contrast some have justice. Maybe the next time I travel down by Chicago I will hit up a few of the reefing stores to see some. I just don't have the stores around me to see some fish in person. Usually it is 50% clowns, maybe a boring tang or two, and a ton of damsels.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back