What's the one fish you'd NEVER buy? And why...

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tang love mine bit would never buy another because of multiple personalitie disorder one day great and happy the next hes going Dr Giggles on his tank mates lol

kpoj9

Reefin’ Ain’t Eazy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma - he got meaner the older he got.

Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

skylar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels. Easily available and easily the most annoying. Many new reefers buy it without knowing it, only to find out, they sometimes don't get along with other fish you want to add in the tank.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d have to say a Lionfish. Many years ago it was interesting to have one. Nowadays, they are all over the state of Florida and the Caribbean. They have round ups down here, prize money for most killed lionfish.
It’s unfortunate, cause it’s not the fishes fault for being an invasive species. This problem was created by humans and more than likely, some irresponsible hobbiest.

Mightythias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lyretail wrasse. He started off so beautiful and a great tank mate. That changed quickly as he attacked everything in my tank. Tangs, angels, killed two royal grammas. The final straw was when he killed 3 anthias that I had just gotten. I literally saw him tear into one while I was standing there. I just recently tore my whole tank down just to get him out. What a menace!!

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lyretail wrasse. He started off so beautiful and a great tank mate. That changed quickly as he attacked everything in my tank. Tangs, angels, killed two royal grammas. The final straw was when he killed 3 anthias that I had just gotten. I literally saw him tear into one while I was standing there. I just recently tore my whole tank down just to get him out. What a menace!!
+1 bought one bc it looked so different than anything I had ever saw. Went to work and 9hrs later killed 2 Tangs and a Niger upon arriving back home. Looked like a mass murder scene

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Tomato Clown. I have the world’s meanest and I literally have to put a huge net in the water to avoid being bitten.

Undulated trigger would be another one. They’re flat out killing machines.

Sportn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there …
They are cute when small.
Had a LFS try to talk me into buying the one they had knowing full well it would eat everything in my tank. Fortunately I never buy anything w/o researching it thoroughly. In addition, that was the last time I visited that LFS as they lost my confidence with that little stunt.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Tomato Clown. I have the world’s meanest and I literally have to put a huge net in the water to avoid being bitten.

Undulated trigger would be another one. They’re flat out killing machines.
I bet you my 14 years plus Tomato Clown are meaner than your LOL

dohc97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely a Mandarin Dragonet. They are absolutely gorgeous, but the difficulty of keeping them would be a full time job.
I don't see the problem if you have a big enough reef and enough live rock? Mine has been the easiest fish i have kept

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back