What's the Triton Professional Water Analysis and how does it work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just signed up for a test kit. One thing though, the site is all in German. I have no clue how to read German past using an online translator.

Hi wangspeed,

There is an English menu if you click on the home page for Triton..Check on the very top right of the Triton home page where there is a little British flag..We are working with Triton to make some "US- friendly" modifications..Please be patient as they roll out!

Let us know if you have any additional questions! Thanks!

Scott and Joe

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you decide what levels of trace elements to suggest that reefers target with the additives?

Hi Randy,

We've forwarded your query to Ehsan, wo could give you a far more detailed answer than we can (and would probably answer somewhat differently than us), but here is the main gist of it: The recommended parameters were based on over 3 years of ICP testing by Triton, analyzing numerous water samples from both natural reefs around the world, as well as parameters from Ehsan's own highly successful reef system. These levels were used as the "set points" for the Triton recommendations. The neat thing about Triton is that you could theoretically come up with customized "set points" based upon an aquarium that you admire (for example, Joe Yaiullo's 20,000 reef at Long Island Aquarium) once the parameters are known, or even from a natural reef that you are interested in replicating. This opens up many different possibilities for hobbyists to experiment with biotope aquariums. Triton's tests are used by a number of public aquariums around the world, who require the accuracy that the tests provide.

We would love to send you a test so that you could review it for your self! Just send us a PM and we can provide one.

Thanks!

Scott and Joe

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello scott

Wow this is incredibly easy. The tests are returned in a prepaid envelope. Can it be simply put into a mailbox or does one need to go to the post office and wait in line?

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, really easy..And we'll make sure that it gets easier as the Triton US presence builds!

Thanks!

Scott

Newreef15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test seems super cool and have been watching this grow in the USA since I first heard about you guys around a year ago. My question is do you guys sell supplements for all of those trace elements? If not how can use your test to adjust those levels?

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again which levels will be off because of 7-10 days shipping? I know temp will change your readings for some of the tests..... what other levels will not be correct due to shipping,temp, week old water sitting in a vial?

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again which levels will be off because of 7-10 days shipping? I know temp will change your readings for some of the tests..... what other levels will not be correct due to shipping,temp, week old water sitting in a vial?

That question was asked at MACNA and Ehsan said the test is done at the atomic level and the shipping doesn't make any difference.

Gene

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That question was asked at MACNA and Ehsan said the test is done at the atomic level and the shipping doesn't make any difference.

Gene

Thank you, Gene...That's correct. If there were any degradation of your sample, it would be at a limit so insignificant that there would be no impact on the test accuracy.

Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my test kit ready to drop in mail box and realized there is no postage on the envelope. Isn't there supposed to be postage on it ??

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh oh.....
You got a fake water analysis envelope, LOL.
Postage is on the back I guess, pre-paid $1.93 US postage first class.

Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does not have any postage on it..... I added 5 stamps.

OP
OP
Triton US

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my test kit ready to drop in mail box and realized there is no postage on the envelope. Isn't there supposed to be postage on it ??

Hi Andy,

If you purchased the kit directly from Triton or Unique Corals, there is return postage on the envelope- or there should be! If you purchased the test from another dealer, however, they may or may not elect to include postage in the price. We have found that it's around $2.25-$2.50 to return a sample first class to Triton US.

Hope this helps; sorry if you had any confusion..

Scott F.
Triton U.S.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back