What's the worst thing you've ever dropped in your tank?

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made myself a cup of tea (I'm English, living in Australia - forgive me) this afternoon and then, with mind clearly wandering, I wanted to look inside the sump for a second.

Without thinking about it, I put the mug on the tank bracing in order to free hands to open the cabinet doors...

No it didn't fall in - Absolutely no harm was done - but it did get me thinking...

What's the worst thing you've ever dropped in your tank?

I'll start - when first setting up the tank I dropped a - LIVE - 240volt powerboard in my tank. Lucky for me, my hands weren't in the tank at the time / the house safety switches instantly tripped, and there was no livestock in the tank at the time, so no harm done - apart from the instant jump in heart rate while I processed how bad that could have been....

Who can beat that ?
IMG_5177.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ever quarantined one fish, my powder blue tang, and the quarantine tank was a 30g rubbermaid tub right next to my couch. My phone was on the armrest. Sat down to watch a movie with the wife before bed and 2 hrs later I'm looking for my phone, guess where it's been sitting for who knows how long... Underwater! And it was still on! But it died the next day.

What else... Clip on fan fell into the sump... 12" stainless steel tweezers fell in the display tank and were forgotten about (rusted away).

OP
OP
N

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ever quarantined one fish, my powder blue tang, and the quarantine tank was a 30g rubbermaid tub right next to my couch. My phone was on the armrest. Sat down to watch a movie with the wife before bed and 2 hrs later I'm looking for my phone, guess where it's been sitting for who knows how long... Underwater! And it was still on! But it died the next day.

What else... Clip on fan fell into the sump... 12" stainless steel tweezers fell in the display tank and were forgotten about (rusted away).
Good effort on the phone... Expensive movie !

OP
OP
N

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bank account.
I've only had my tank since September, and I've already come to the same conclusion..... Someone should have warned me...

I came across from Freshwater with the "How much more expensive can it possibly be?" mindset.... How wrong can one man be ?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
knocked in can of dr pepper :rolleyes: gabbed quick,seen a small brown cloud for a few seconds,240 gal,corals seemed to like it;)

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a puppy a few weeks back... I don't even want to think about it...
Heh. This cat had the brilliant idea to try and jump up and balance on the tank rim while I had the lid off. Needless to say, she got an impromptu flying lesson. Not exactly me dropping something in the tank, but dang close.

Back