What's the worst thing you've ever dropped in your tank?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

MattW33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week I knocked a pair of coral cutters into the tank... and watched them plunge gracefully through a monti cap cracking it in half. Fortunately nothing some superglue couldnt fix :)

Worst is probably a glass condensation plate that nearly K.O.d several fish.

Benjammin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been in the tank hobby for my entire life if my parents tank counts. My parents tank had EVERYTHING get dropped in it. Tv remote, pop corn, beer bottles, random stuff from the river or back yard. My tanks have seen quite a bit as well. I had a chameleon drowned twice In a fw community tank and I revived him both times. I’ve had to fish out broken glass from a tank after a very aggressive fish broke the heater. Just dropped a kessil a160 in two weeks ago, seems ok.
Aquariums are the water hazard of the house lol.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning magnets, superglue gel, undipped frag from a formerly trusted source that was infested with AEFW. The last one did the most damage.

giphy.gif

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at other folks answers, I don't feel so bad. Dropped a LED flashlight (still on) into the overflow portion of my tank. The tank is about 2 feet deep, so it was a bit challenging to work my arm through the pipes and reach the flashlight.

OP
OP
N

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
knocked in can of dr pepper :rolleyes: gabbed quick,seen a small brown cloud for a few seconds,240 gal,corals seemed to like it;)
Maybe that's another thread - What's the strangest thing you've added as a supplement thats worked ?!?

OP
OP
N

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 gang live 240v extension cable. Fizz, fizz bang.
Exactly what I dropped in. Terrifying experience. My puppy trying to chew my arm off (daily occurrence) doesnt seem anywhere near as traumatic after you've nearly killed yourself.

It is amazing that things like this don't happen more often - or maybe they do and we just don't hear about it - I spent my childhood being lectured to about water and electricity not mixing - then what do we do as adults - puts lots of mains voltage stuff in really close proximity to lots of salt water... What could possibly go wrong?

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I dropped in. Terrifying experience. My puppy trying to chew my arm off (daily occurrence) doesnt seem anywhere near as traumatic after you've nearly killed yourself.

It is amazing that things like this don't happen more often - or maybe they do and we just don't hear about it - I spent my childhood being lectured to about water and electricity not mixing - then what do we do as adults - puts lots of mains voltage stuff in really close proximity to lots of salt water... What could possibly go wrong?
Well if tragedy should happen then at least you’d die reefing lol

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i did not think lights counted :p yep,haven't we all at one time or another ,dipped a light:rolleyes::)

LOL, I think so. Dropped a Kessil H380 into the sump. Fortunately it was not energized and they waterproof the inside pretty well. Dried it out and it still worked, though the fan died prematurely.

Back