What's the worst thing you've ever dropped in your tank?

Conchman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel bad, just the dry side of a cleaning magnet, testing syringe and occasionally the net lid slips in a bit..compared to some I am getting off lucky, I work in foods, guess I treat it as an open product zone...:)

2F2ZDVR3TBDJDOJHX27PWP5IVU.jpg

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, you win the award for longest list... AA battery, nerf bullets and car keys ?!?!? My car keys are - supposedly - fully waterproof, but I'm not game to try !
Between my wife and nephew I don’t know whose worse around tanks. She’s guilty of a few of the items and is still a danger. Now that he’s a teenager and understands more he is not much of a worry. When he was little he would play in the tank room, and curiosity took over occasionally.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a room mate in college set a bucket of pine sol mopping water on the top of my tank... it spilled into the tank... not all of it but about a gallon. My corals and fish really suffered, but I did not lose much over time. He felt awful and saw it as a sign to never clean again.

I put in a black tang once that tried to eat every polyp off of all of my SPS. The worst part is that I was warned that it was a LPS eater, but I risked it anyway.

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never dropped anything into the tank myself, but my autistic son dropped an entire bowl of potato chips and who knows what else -into the tank.... Made such a mess that I had to break down my setup, take all the fish back to the LFS, clean everything of oily potato chip mush, and set up new again.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Remote controls are the bane of my existence... They ALWAYS go missing in our house (though thankfully never in the tank - yet). I always tell my kids that when I rule the world, remote controls will be 24 inches square, and glow-in-the-dark, so - hopefully - impossible to lose...

Found some photos to show....

IMG_8419.JPG
IMG_8421.JPG

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one wasn’t me, but I used to work at a company that repaired computers. One of our clients was Sysco, the food service company. Their drivers carried laptops at the time and often accidentally damaged them. The best was a laptop that I got with a note that just said “Fell into lobster tank.” I opened it up, but there was so much corrosion everywhere that the laptop was a total loss.

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped a can of cat food (Fancy Feast) in my mixing station like two days ago... I am not sure if that qualifies though lol.
... but I have had my air pods fall out from time to time while whipping around and I was working on the tank while talking so I was starting to connect the dots on that situation. ;)

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back