What's this in my zoas?

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed these weird, worm like stripes inside the neck of my zoas. Only the alien explosion have these and only some... It doesn't seem to be moving.

Any ideas what this/they is/are? I've had them before in frags that are long gone. My zoas are doing perfectly fine and growing like weeds. Just curious what it is.

20210501_000437.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First is hydroid.
Second is feather duster.
Also get spaghetti worms plus much more.
Maybe google these and other worms to try get the id.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-232121_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-232121_Chrome.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210430-232128_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-232128_Chrome.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 32

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure it’s just a color variation in the tissue of the polyp. I had some brown Palythoas back in the day that were light starved and all stretched out, and you could see lines like this in their stocks.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure it’s just a color variation in the tissue of the polyp. I had some brown Palythoas back in the day that were light starved and all stretched out, and you could see lines like this in their stocks.

Yeah i cant actually see no worms in picture.
And initially thought it just white streaks in the zoa's but in person something always looks different than a picture ^_^

OP
OP
Bars

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense I guess. The original frags are always stretched quite a bit despite plenty of light and flow. New growth however isn't nearly as stretched and doesn't have the streaks.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those, but they don't live inside the actual tissue, do they?

Im very inexperienced so not best to answer in all honesty,
I dont think they grow inside the zoas,and think they grow/ live around them.
Just shown pictures of different worms incase you could id them that way to try to help is all.
I couldnt really see no worms as such ,just seen white streaks on the trunk of the zoa.but picture or in person looks so different sometimes

OP
OP
Bars

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very inexperienced so not best to answer in all honesty,
I dont think they grow inside the zoas,and think they grow/ live around them.
Just shown pictures of different worms incase you could id them that way to try to help is all.
I couldnt really see no worms as such ,just seen white streaks on the trunk of the zoa.but picture or in person looks so different sometimes
Aha.
Looking like worms was just my way of describing them, because it reminded me of white worms haha. The streaks don't move, so I'm guessing something like stretch marks due to the necks stretching.

Back