Whats Up Everybody!? New but not new...

HexaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up everyone..? Name is Brandon, From Olympia, WA, and although I'm not entirely new to the hobby, I have been out of it for the last 9 years. I just started up a small 35 gallon Hexagon reef tank about 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to learning and re-learning things through the knowledge of the users on this forum.
saltwater-tank-4.jpg

Cheers
HexaReef

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice.. How do you like it? have any pictures? this is my first hex, as my other tank was a 55 gallon long with a 30 gallon sump..

Here’s mine (sorry for the really blue picture)
860b641903d75106f099dc29066c1398.jpg

I’ve only had it for around 4 months but I’m liking it so far. Only problem is, since the front panel of the tank isn’t very long at all, the sump has to be TINY. It’s really cramped down there.
d1b50e40d21b2e4c9659130a599a4f7d.jpg

I didn’t plan on a hex tank but I got this with everything but lights and the algae scrubber I put on it cheap on craigslist for $300. I’m thinking of getting a sca 112 in the future for a bigger sump and to have a longer tank for more fish.

OP
OP
HexaReef

HexaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only had it for around 4 months but I’m liking it so far. Only problem is, since the front panel of the tank isn’t very long at all, the sump has to be TINY. It’s really cramped down there.
d1b50e40d21b2e4c9659130a599a4f7d.jpg

I didn’t plan on a hex tank but I got this with everything but lights and the algae scrubber I put on it cheap on craigslist for $300. I’m thinking of getting a sca 112 in the future for a bigger sump and to have a longer tank for more fish.

where did you get your sump? I was going to make one because of how small the dimensions would have to be.. Is that a prebuilt or did you do it?
Looks nice!

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did you get your sump? I was going to make one because of how small the dimensions would have to be.. Is that a prebuilt or did you do it?
Looks nice!

The sump and plumbing etc all came with the tank so I’m not exactly sure. I think the previous owner made the sump cause I don’t see any brand name on it

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Brandon and back to reefing

@elisa h I had the same Oceanic for my first saltwater tank many moons ago. They are great tanks!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back