What's up with all the shortages?

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buddy of mine in the salvage business who’s always good at summing up the obvious .... ‘that bad boy ain’t gonna be easy to move’. LOL, ya think!

For sure. I also cannot imagine how strong the wind must have been to really push that large of a vessel in that fashion. Then I thought... hmm maybe someone was sleeping or drinking, but it seem like those ships should mostly be self driving/auto pilot? I have no basis for that statement, but it seems like the captain(s) would be primarily watching the sensors or taking over if need be.

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping container shortage? Federal seizure perhaps for the 'welcome center' construction. I got a couple buckets of tm pro at a premium from an lfs by me 124.99 for the 200 gl, claimed prices increased...I paid it and may get another or two since it's as prevalent as sasquatch sightings these days. Also on the endangered species list is mp40 wet sides, like pandemic toilet paper

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there’s people who have done no water changes. I think I can get by with my chemistry stability... but I am fearful of trying
I didn't mean it was a pipe dream, just agreeing is the ideal place to be. I seen this shortage coming and I've been stocking up salt since. Ironically I haven't done a water change since last October.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I didn't mean it was a pipe dream, just agreeing is the ideal place to be. I seen this shortage coming and I've been stocking up salt since. Ironically I haven't done a water change since last October.
October haha wow

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in management at a convenience store chain. We have just over 1/2 the staff we had 2 years ago and sales are up about 35% in dollars. Local distribution centers have bumped their pay from maybe $9/hour 2 years ago to about $20, which resulted in many local entry level jobs to bump their pay to around $15/hour-McDonalds, Target, BK, etc.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in manufacturing in the middle of KS. We have not had any production shut downs so far. We have scheduled orders that will keep us at 100% until August. Our biggest shortage right now is lack of trucks to ship out.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in management at a convenience store chain. We have just over 1/2 the staff we had 2 years ago and sales are up about 35% in dollars. Local distribution centers have bumped their pay from maybe $9/hour 2 years ago to about $20, which resulted in many local entry level jobs to bump their pay to around $15/hour-McDonalds, Target, BK, etc.
You mean higher minimum wage doesn't mean everyone gets rich? Who knew?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not sure how the coronavirus prevents production over a year later. It's an excuse at this time.
I imagine there is some of that, but there are also real issues. Silicone wafers/chips for example are in short supply at the moment and a number of automotive plants have had to cease operations. When CV hit, demand for cars went down and personal electronics went up, so chip makers followed demand with their supply. Now that auto sales are recovering, guess what, chip shortage for the cars. It will get resolved, either because demand goes down in other areas or supply gets increased. Neither happen quickly. Logistics also got hit hard and we still have shipping container issues. Not sure where aquarium salt comes from, but it's entirely possible stuff is made but just sitting in some international port somewhere hoping for a ride.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back