What's up with my clown?

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

Is my clown trying to lay eggs? She's around 2.5 years old. Is my female clown fish sick? She is laying in the back of the tank on the sand bed, every now and again swimming up to her torch she hosts with her male. She may be breathing heavier, all my other fish (fire fish, watchmen goby, and male clown) seem to be breathing at the same rate. I'm not really sure what the normal breathing rate should look like. She hasn't eaten anything today. My male clown will go down and lay with her, if he get too touchy she get may and nip at him like normal. She has no signs of visible damage. My most recent addition was a holy grail torch or something it was add a week ago, can fish parasites hike of coral? I did dip it if that helps. For the record all my other fish seem to be carrying out normal functions.

Let's get this out of the way, my tank is coming up on a year old. I use 0tds RO/DI water when making salt water, for the salt I use Instant Ocean Sea Salt. I do weekly water changes of 3 gallons on a 32 tank. I test week before every water change currently test again because I'm paranoid and worried, I will update with newest test results.

(Friday Test Results)

Ammoina: 0/undetectable (API liquid test kit)

Nitrite: 0 (API liquid test kit)

Nitrate: 0 (API liquid test kit)

Slanity: 1.024 (Hannah checker)

Ph: 8.1 (I usually have problems with it being a little low)

Alkalinity: 9.2 (Hannah checker)

Phosphate: 0.07 (Hannah checker) (I have problems with this)

Calcium: 460 (API liquid test kit)

(Sunday Test Results)

Editing later

Thanks in advance.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,

Is my clown trying to lay eggs? She's around 2.5 years old. Is my female clown fish sick? She is laying in the back of the tank on the sand bed, every now and again swimming up to her torch she hosts with her male. She may be breathing heavier, all my other fish (fire fish, watchmen goby, and male clown) seem to be breathing at the same rate. I'm not really sure what the normal breathing rate should look like. She hasn't eaten anything today. My male clown will go down and lay with her, if he get too touchy she get may and nip at him like normal. She has no signs of visible damage. My most recent addition was a holy grail torch or something it was add a week ago, can fish parasites hike of coral? I did dip it if that helps. For the record all my other fish seem to be carrying out normal functions.

Let's get this out of the way, my tank is coming up on a year old. I use 0tds RO/DI water when making salt water, for the salt I use Instant Ocean Sea Salt. I do weekly water changes of 3 gallons on a 32 tank. I test week before every water change currently test again because I'm paranoid and worried, I will update with newest test results.

(Friday Test Results)

Ammoina: 0/undetectable (API liquid test kit)

Nitrite: 0 (API liquid test kit)

Nitrate: 0 (API liquid test kit)

Slanity: 1.024 (Hannah checker)

Ph: 8.1 (I usually have problems with it being a little low)

Alkalinity: 9.2 (Hannah checker)

Phosphate: 0.07 (Hannah checker) (I have problems with this)

Calcium: 460 (API liquid test kit)

(Sunday Test Results)

Editing later

Thanks in advance.
It isn’t egg laying, that doesn’t cause fish to sop feeding, and both fish would be busy cleaning the site.

Can you post a short video? I might be able to get a respiration rate from that.

Jay

OP
OP
Ryde

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn’t egg laying, that doesn’t cause fish to sop feeding, and both fish would be busy cleaning the site.

Can you post a short video? I might be able to get a respiration rate from that.

Jay

Attachments

• VID_20210613_202426362.mp4
    67.8 MB
  • VID_20210613_202320588.mp4
    97.2 MB

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back