Whats up with the no stock issue with tropic marin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 80 gallon buckets of tropic marin salt aug 10 when it was in stock. At that time the 200 gal buckets were out of stock. Then 200 gal buckets were in stock, i ordered one and already have that one delivered and used up. Still waiting on the 2 80 gal buckets. Not complaining, just wondering?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Covid situation is definitely a main factor like Snoopy 67 mentioned. We've got a number of orders on the books with our next order scheduled to arrive by the end of the month. We're doing our best to get our hands on as much of the Pro Reef salt as we can.

If you're in a pinch, the Tropic Marin Classic salt is probably the most comparable alternative. Little higher in alk and little lower in calcium, but if you're just doing a 10-25% water change, it's unlikely to affect your tank's parameters substantially.

SteveNag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is December as I write this and this salt is still showing out of stock on many sites. The customer has power and this customer will be buying another product from now on.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is December as I write this and this salt is still showing out of stock on many sites. The customer has power and this customer will be buying another product from now on.
I am moving onto instant ocean Reef crystals at the end of this month. I was using TMP, but the cost + shipping kills my wallet. So I'm going to try out the reef crystal, which I can get locally at half the cost of TMP.
I hope it works out just as good.

Don't get me wrong, I love TMP but it's way too costly and hard to get in northern Ontario. So my options are limited, and I don't want to go broke for salt.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any info on when you all will have it in stock again?
Thanks,
Todd
I'll have to double check with our purchasing team and I'll see if I can get an ETA for the next shipment of Tropic Marin Pro Reef. We do have the larger buckets of the Tropic Marin Classic in stock as of the writing of this post, which is a solid alternative to those that need salt, but can't find the Pro Reef.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you tried your lfs? 3of6 here have tm in stock. 1 gets me the 230g bags, keeps them in stock.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just click the "notify me when in stock" and it will send you an alert. I just got a 200G bucket from BRS.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to wait until I had a better ETA, but unfortunately we don't have one to provide at this time. Rumor has it that Tropic Marin is working on a new production facility to ramp up production, but obviously, that takes time and won't be an immediate solution.

Like I mentioned in my last post, if you're out of or running low on Pro Reef, it may be wise to pick up a bucket of the Classic salt as an alternative in the event that you can't find the Pro Reef in stock. We know this isn't ideal and we're working to get our hands on as much of the Pro Reef salt mix as we can to supply you Pro Reef users with what you need to keep your reef happy and healthy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back