What's up with the recent Red Sea Tank failures? 750XXL ? *UPDATE* Design Flaw CONFIRMED by Red Sea !!!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a fairly easy DIY fix could be done using aluminum or stainless turnbuckle hardware. By the way you're describing their "fix" it sounds like something similar. I would be completely adjustable and even removable. A couple very simple support brackets and a turnbuckle you can lengthen to provide support where there was none. Boom! Fixed!

From what I understand - it is an aluminum piece that can be slowly raised /lowered - in the area that is 'sagging'. The problem with my tank - is that it is not only 'sagging' - at least. by the 'paper test' in the 'wide portion' - its also sagging over small cabinet area (i.e. over the 'dry' cabinet'). It seems (to me) that it wouldn't take very much to either not set it up exactly correctly - and thus putting another area of 'pressure' under the tank. But - I'm not a structural engineer:)... Additionally - there will now be a pole in the middle of my sump - which will make maintenance a fair bit more difficult

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought mine there too and have heard nothing.
FYI - im not sure that it works that way - You need to have registered the tank with Redsea - and they send it directly to you. In my case - My LFS mentioned that they had heard the parts were coming in this week - and asked me for my serial number to get one. If you haven't done something like either contacting Red Sea, registering your tank, or calling BRS - I'm not sure you're going to get one 'automatically'

jjstecchino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to hear from them, bought from BRS. guess if I dont hear from them in a few days i'll reach out.

I bought from BRS as well but I got an email around 10/10 explaining the problem and asking to contact Red Sea Tech Support, select REEFER 750 Cabinet Front Support Request and fill in your info.

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI - im not sure that it works that way - You need to have registered the tank with Redsea - and they send it directly to you. In my case - My LFS mentioned that they had heard the parts were coming in this week - and asked me for my serial number to get one. If you haven't done something like either contacting Red Sea, registering your tank, or calling BRS - I'm not sure you're going to get one 'automatically'
I contacted Red Sea so I guess I’m good. Was just wondering because everyone is being contacted by the supplier they bought it from.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's where I think they are screwing up. They are only sending this thing to "Original owners". This is a failing on their part. All owners of the 750 tank and stand should get the part. Just like in a automotive recall, every car no matter what gets the fix.
They might change their mind later. Time will tell.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's where I think they are screwing up. They are only sending this thing to "Original owners". This is a failing on their part. All owners of the 750 tank and stand should get the part. Just like in a automotive recall, every car no matter what gets the fix.
They might change their mind later. Time will tell.

IS THAT TRUE? Hm - interesting - I guess I can see both sides - they have no idea when a tank is sold - but - am I understanding that if I bought a used 750 - and asked for the part - I wouldn't get one? All I can say is wow.. (in a negative way)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IS THAT TRUE? Hm - interesting - I guess I can see both sides - they have no idea when a tank is sold - but - am I understanding that if I bought a used 750 - and asked for the part - I wouldn't get one? All I can say is wow.. (in a negative way)
That's what was posted a while back. As we all know some posting can change. But the serial numbers will tell Red Sea when it was built and that's all they should need to track a tank.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's what was posted a while back. As we all know some posting can change. But the serial numbers will tell Red Sea when it was built and that's all they should need to track a tank.
Yeah - I would HOPE that anyone that sent in a serial number would get the part

jjstecchino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - I would HOPE that anyone that sent in a serial number would get the part

I think they will. Imagine the damage coming from the negative publicity of Red Sea tanks exploding left and right. I think they will do anything to prevent that, especially since the fix is so cheap.

ppatches24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting this, I will never buy a redsea product with the way the admins handled that facebook situation.

I HATE when companies just to and silence criticism instead of using it to there advantage its simple. But when you take this high and mighty route and pretend your stuff doesn't stink thats when im out.

Everyone can have an option though.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting this, I will never buy a redsea product with the way the admins handled that facebook situation.

I HATE when companies just to and silence criticism instead of using it to there advantage its simple. But when you take this high and mighty route and pretend your stuff doesn't stink thats when im out.

Hopefully you don't own any Neptune products ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HA, I got banned from thier facebook because I cross posted images and posts regarding the 750s. I didn't even post much over there except help some folks with finding parts to change their plumbing. I never even posted in the Broken 750 postings. But they banned me never the less.

The biggest problem was that the admin on the FB would post here too. So he singled out people from here and kicked them from the Red Sea group. Very childish.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HA, I got banned from thier facebook because I cross posted images and posts regarding the 750s. I didn't even post much over there except help some folks with finding parts to change their plumbing. I never even posted in the Broken 750 postings. But they banned me never the less.

The biggest problem was that the admin on the FB would post here too. So he singled out people from here and kicked them from the Red Sea group. Very childish.
I asked this a while back - was it RedSea employees doing this 'banning' or a mod with a banning attitude? To me it makes a difference (though not much of a difference)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked this a while back - was it RedSea employees doing this 'banning' or a mod with a banning attitude? To me it makes a difference (though not much of a difference)
It really doesn't matter to me. If the guy is still their admin then the company supports him. If you go back to Page 15 of this post you can see how things went..

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you don't own any Neptune products ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Neptune doesnt filter their FB page, to my knowledge. Often people post pretty extreme stuff, no? You can search and find the typical "Controller killed everything", "rusty optical sensor", "AFS", etc.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune doesnt filter their FB page, to my knowledge. Often people post pretty extreme stuff, no? You can search and find the typical "Controller killed everything", "rusty optical sensor", "AFS", etc.

I was referring to here, they have had a multitude of threads "Cleaned up" by R2R admins or outright deleted. Heck I think in the month leading up to the Trident being released alone they ended up on there 3rd FAQ thread as the other two got deleted. It's mostly due to a certain Neptune Rep that frequents R2R and I don't believe it's Neptune as a whole atleast that's how I've seen it. Anyway that's neither here nor there just an observation of mine.

Back