What's wrong with my GSP?

ReefWitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is wrong with my GSP? I got this frag a week ago and diped it in a coral solution (that I'm pretty sure was just essential oils) and then did a freshwater dip. Then I cut the rod off the bottom of the frag and glued it to the back of my tank.

A week later and it looks like this and has this white stuff over it.

16623037068926422026521518076585.jpg 16623037675706565800882241240563.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanka age, parameters, lighting and using rodi?

OP
OP
R

ReefWitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanka age, parameters, lighting and using rodi?
29 gallon with HOB fuge, AI prime 16 tuned to BRS recommendations. Nothing in there that eats coral, and my last water test was a spin test a week ago at the same LFS I got it from and came back all good. I had slightly high nitrates but i switched to target feeding to compensate. Tank finished cycling a month and a half ago. Has had corals and fish ever since. My torches and Zoas are going fine.

EDIT: Who the heck has a reef tank and is not using RODI?

OP
OP
R

ReefWitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might have left it In the dip solution for too long and that might have killed it. That's the only thing I can think of but I wanted to see if yall had any ideas.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 gallon with HOB fuge, AI prime 16 tuned to BRS recommendations. Nothing in there that eats coral, and my last water test was a spin test a week ago at the same LFS I got it from and came back all good. I had slightly high nitrates but i switched to target feeding to compensate. Tank finished cycling a month and a half ago. Has had corals and fish ever since. My torches and Zoas are going fine.

EDIT: Who the heck has a reef tank and is not using RODI?
Plenty of people. I think a lot of your issue is the maturity of the tank. Corals usually just survive for the first 6 months. Personally I didn't start having actual growth until tank was closer to a year old. I like putting it this way..... are you more comfortable in a sterile operating room, or grandma's house?

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of people. I think a lot of your issue is the maturity of the tank. Corals usually just survive for the first 6 months. Personally I didn't start having actual growth until tank was closer to a year old. I like putting it this way..... are you more comfortable in a sterile operating room, or grandma's house?
I like the reference: Grandma's house for sure!!!

Back