Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like when people use words I'm unfamiliar with. Because I have Google, and if I'm unfamiliar with a word or 3 that means I'm about to learn something.
This the reason why I love to use word like anaerobic heterotrophs :)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to give short answers in simple language. Many here don't speak English as their first language. Many here don't have a deep understanding of the science of why something works the way it does.
If they ask subsequent questions I try to answer them.
There are very few straight up answers because we all have tanks of different ages, sizes, equipment levels, budgets, supplies and a 100 other variables.
Sadly I find many people want to have options in a situation when really they don't. Some things only work the way they work.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This the reason why I love to use word like anaerobic heterotrophs :)

Sincerely Lasse
Are you messing with the Neanderthals again?
(Stop it, you are hurting me!)
:)
Sincerely almost
Kris

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate each and every member here that takes the time to share their knowledge.
While some might not heed, or even understand, your help, I make every best effort to take the seasoned advice to heart and incorporate that leadership by example into my own adventure in the hobby.

Being a lab nerd I cant get enough root cause analysis and really like those members that not only recommend a "fix" but also take the time to get us to understand why the problem arose in the first place.
Even if its a link to do my own homework. I'm old school and don't demand instant gratification.
Knowing, and understanding root causes, can only increase my chances of success in this, sometimes, daunting, hobby.

Thanks for all those out there that fit that description. You're the reason this is my go-to site when it comes to researching this hobby, which is 100% new to me.

-cap

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to be blunt and to the point, so I expect the other person to then start to ask me more related questions if he/she is unsure, that way I can answer more questions in more detail rather than just give a general approach, plus it shows me they are genuinely interested in my replies and willing to learn.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back