What's your favorite Anthias food?

ColaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just trying to get more educated as to what you guys like feeding your Anthias fishes. I know they like to get fed about 3 times a day and are picky. Flakes are great choice. I've also tried feeding the Cyclopeeze and they seem to love it, but most of it just floats on top of the water and ends up getting sucked into my sump. My other problem with cyclpeeze is that I can't load it into an auto feeder. I have tried small pellets, but they just spit it back out. Any other ideas?

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some red saddled a couple weeks ago and they go absolutely crazy for lrs reef frenzy. I was surprised how aggressively they eat it for being a shy, deep water species. Unfortunately, wouldn't smell too good in an auto feeder!

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the switch from Rods to LRS, literally everything seemed happier, if you go live foods, black worms, pods, and maybe shrimp.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm just trying to get more educated as to what you guys like feeding your Anthias fishes. I know they like to get fed about 3 times a day and are picky. Flakes are great choice. I've also tried feeding the Cyclopeeze and they seem to love it, but most of it just floats on top of the water and ends up getting sucked into my sump. My other problem with cyclpeeze is that I can't load it into an auto feeder. I have tried small pellets, but they just spit it back out. Any other ideas?

You using frozen cyclopeeze? It is better than the dried stuff and usually floats in the current more?
This is my favorite food for them...

Fish eggs or small mysis work too...

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish my anthias ate pellets :( only eats rods frozen food

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Stocky Anthias and a pair of Lyretails and they all have no problem eating the Neptune Crossover diet pellets. In fact, as soon as my auto-feeder starts turning they are at the surface nearly jumping out of the water after them.

scastillo813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 Tricolor Anthias and they all eat 1-2mm pellets 4 times a day. I also give them Mysis twice a week. As soon as my AFS goes off and my returns shut down, they go nuts. At first it took one of them a day or two before it would eat much.

mberthiaume3205

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 4 barlett anthias and 5 dispar anthias in my tank, they have been on a steady diet of live rotifers, live brine shrimp, frozen Mysis, frozen krill and spectrum pellets...

JDP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have square pinks and they eat anything, anytime, Four times, or Eight times a day! If it fits it is gone. I think there is more in the presentation of the meal than what it is? I use the return to blow the food in the display. Could be the fast movement that entices the hunt?

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than convenience, is there health benefits to pellet over frozen?

None. Anthias typically should be fed several times daily due to their high metabolism. Since you cannot use frozen food in an auto-feeder, pellets are the only option to get them fed properly if you have a full time job.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some red saddled a couple weeks ago and they go absolutely crazy for lrs reef frenzy. I was surprised how aggressively they eat it for being a shy, deep water species. Unfortunately, wouldn't smell too good in an auto feeder!

Thank you for giving LRS a try! Utah is a very new market for us so please help spread the word about our foods.

Our Fish Frenzy® blend is very popular with many folks who feed Anthias. If your fish are really small you can chop it up really fine while still in a semi-frozen state as it thaws.

Thanks!

What is Reef Frenzy?

Reef Frenzy, Best Reef Food - Larry's Reef Services, Llc - Advance, Nc : Other

pgravis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine feeding anything else. To see a shy fish feed so aggressively speaks to the quality of this food. I may try out chopping it, as they tend to ignore the larger pieces. I was pretty happy when my lfs started carrying your food. I'll spread the word to whomever will listen!

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine feeding anything else. To see a shy fish feed so aggressively speaks to the quality of this food. I may try out chopping it, as they tend to ignore the larger pieces. I was pretty happy when my lfs started carrying your food. I'll spread the word to whomever will listen!

Thanks! Feel free to submit a video to me like this guy hand feeding his fish and we can add you to the website! With LRS Foods, Hand Feeding Fish is a Plausible Option | AquaNerd

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back