Whats your favorite clownfish breed?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ran my own LFS I’d not sell certain designer varieties, unless they’re ones that aren’t too far off from the original or have been known to occur in the wild.

I’d never import wild-caught Clowns due to higher risk of diseases. All of my fish will be pre-quarantined and if a buyer throws a little hissy fit over the price, out the door they go. :)

I’d insist on covered tanks unless it’s a Seahorse / Pipefish species tank. I wouldn’t recommend bare bottom and unconventional “corner” / “bow front” tanks will have to be ordered.

I’d only hire people who know stuff as employees, most likely fellow hobbyists. If someone just wants a job to pay their bills, they’ll have to look elsewhere.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ran my own LFS I’d not sell certain designer varieties, unless they’re ones that aren’t too far off from the original or have been known to occur in the wild.

I’d never import wild-caught Clowns due to higher risk of diseases. All of my fish will be pre-quarantined and if a buyer throws a little hissy fit over the price, out the door they go. :)

I’d insist on covered tanks unless it’s a Seahorse / Pipefish species tank. I wouldn’t recommend bare bottom and unconventional “corner” / “bow front” tanks will have to be ordered.

you would have the most loyal customer base...well of those you hadn’t thrown out :D

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality beats quantity. I’d rather sell to customers that I know are invested in the well-being of their livestock rather than ones who just want to “try things out” or aren’t doing it for themselves.

It would be like choosing a spouse, almost.....

I’d gladly sell a Yellow Watchman Goby, a pair of Clowns, damsels or most wrasses to someone who’s got the basics. If they want a Powder Brown / Blue / Blue Hippo Tang? A Regal Angel? A Copperband Butterfly? A Mandarin? Then..... they’ll have to answer a few questions.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like clown fish at all, for the simple reason that everyone has them ,, so common like fresh water gold fish

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100%, Saddleback clownfish

Attachments

• 20201007_193205.jpg
    20201007_193205.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 62

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Snowflake

OP
OP
T

Tyler Miceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it’s hard to imagine a reef tank without Clownfish. Even an FO predator tank? I’d probably still go for a pair of the more aggressive Clarkiis or Tomatoes or Maroons.
I agree, I cant picture a tank without one honestly. I love my clown fish, always the first two to come to the front of the tank when I walk up to it

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanopus - but only the variety that come from Vanuatu..flame orange/red with a blue/white stripe...STRIKING appearance....Haven't seen them in the trade for last 5-7 yrs...sad

Back