What's your favorite fish in your 60ish gallon tank?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing some future planning for my new tank (hopefully set up sometime next month). Tank will be right around 60 gallons display, with a 20 gallon sump (not sure how much actual water volume, maybe half that?). It'll be 36Lx24Dx18H, mixed reef.

Throw out some of your favorite fish. Current fish that will likely all be moving to the new tank listed below.

Flame Angel
Midas Blenny
Firefish
Green Clown Goby
Six Line Wrasse (so far, not an ******)
Clown (sort of an ****** but still fairly small)

ryanhopkinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was my fuzzy dwarf!
20210214_152907.jpg

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my royal gramma. Its a very common fish, but he/she has such a big personality.

As I am admiring different area of my tank, the gramma will pop through the crevices upside down and just stare at me.

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing some future planning for my new tank (hopefully set up sometime next month). Tank will be right around 60 gallons display, with a 20 gallon sump (not sure how much actual water volume, maybe half that?). It'll be 36Lx24Dx18H, mixed reef.

Throw out some of your favorite fish. Current fish that will likely all be moving to the new tank listed below.

Flame Angel
Midas Blenny
Firefish
Green Clown Goby
Six Line Wrasse (so far, not an ******)
Clown (sort of an ****** but still fairly small)
Melanarus Wrasse and Yellow Coris Wrasse so pretty

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had experience with a six line, but from research and knowledge that I have it’s a hit or miss with them. Very aggressive wrasse
Yes, that's definitely their reputation. Mine so far has been very peaceful, even when I added two fish after him. I have debated moving him to the 10g tank I just set up but probably a bit small for him.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call the tang police! Mine currently is a Tomini Tang in my 50 lagoon. He's barely 2 inches. I have an 80 shallow reef arriving any day now. Picked him up month ago. I really enjoyed my pink spot goby until he wanted to try floor surfing. Yes I have a cover. He jumped out while doing maintenance and wasn't noticed. He would come out and watch me drink my bourbon/scotch every night. My Citron clown goby.. Wouldn't get another. Never see the thing except for his shadow during feeding.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call the tang police! Mine currently is a Tomini Tang in my 50 lagoon. He's barely 2 inches. I have an 80 shallow reef arriving any day now. Picked him up month ago. I really enjoyed my pink spot goby until he wanted to try floor surfing. Yes I have a cover. He jumped out while doing maintenance and wasn't noticed. He would come out and watch me drink my bourbon/scotch every night. My Citron clown goby.. Wouldn't get another. Never see the thing except for his shadow during feeding.
<whispers quietly> Tomini is on my want list for my tank. I have a green clown goby now and really like the little guy. We named him Waldo, not because he hides, but because he's so little he's hard to spot. He lives in my duncan coral much of the time.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Venustus is a little more difficult to keep. If you want one they tend to only be available during the winter. Divers Den will be your best bet.

76084C7D-C642-4308-AC02-08EED1B0DF72.png
I’ve never bought online but since the potters don’t seem available I’m considering the venustus or multibar. I heard the venustus is not as bad as the multibar to get accustomed. Any experience?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never bought online but since the potters don’t seem available I’m considering the venustus or multibar. I heard the venustus is not as bad as the multibar to get accustomed. Any experience?
I had one a few years ago. It was an adult and I got it to eat pretty easy but it also was a very healthy one when it arrived. Unfortunately it was killed by my purple tang. I don’t have much experience with the multibar but we didn’t lose any when I worked at my LFS.

If you do decide to get one I recommend having sponge based foods and maybe buying a sponge in case it doesn’t eat right away. Divers Den occasionally has captive bred ones but I haven’t seen one in a while, they may also be seasonal.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back