What's your favorite frag rack?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are your favorite frag racks and why do you love them? (Please post pics!)

Ok, so I'm looking for a frag rack now for my DT, but I'm a little picky (ok...maybe more than a little) about having unnatural things in my display. So since I do need something for the DT, I figured my R2R fam are the best people to ask for recommendations! :cool: I'm looking for something that's either super low profile/blends into the reef or that's pretty enough I'll be glad to see it. LOL What are your favorites?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FIJI Cube 32 Hole Magnetic Coral Frag Rack with Plug Locking System

20201112_173603.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Personally, I didn't care for the locking bit. It made to too difficult to place the frag without moving the rack. Just my .02. IIRC, they are not large enough for ORA frags either...but many frag racks aren't compatible with those either. I am still searching for that perfect frag rack.

Preacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok, so I'm looking for a frag rack now for my DT, but I'm a little picky (ok...maybe more than a little) about having unnatural things in my display. So since I do need something for the DT, I figured my R2R fam are the best people to ask for recommendations! :cool: I'm looking for something that's either super low profile/blends into the reef or that's pretty enough I'll be glad to see it. LOL What are your favorites?
I really like the look of the products from https://reefingart.com/.

Preacher 1618944844157.png

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a fan of Reefing Art. I have the coralline purple rack on the back wall of my AIO, which blends in and is great for my new Acro frags.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I second Aquarocks. Lee makes some killer stuff, and you can commission him to make custom pieces to your specs ( I've had 2 made so far).

Here's a recent-ish pic of my tank. the red lines/circles are "frag racks" that I got from him.

Frag rack.jpg

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great suggestions! Thanks! I'm looking into some of these natural-looking solutions. I really like those

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, no pics as they are being cleaned, but the Zen Reef frag racks that I purchased at Macna 2019 are the best I have had yet.

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you don’t need it strapped to the glass. I take a piece of Marco rock scrap and just drill some holes in it. Can’t remember what size bit but easy to just look at the frag plugs you want to mount and compare to bit size. Then you can place the rock anywhere you want to hold the frags temporarily or let it grow out and easily pull the plug later.

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don’t need it strapped to the glass. I take a piece of Marco rock scrap and just drill some holes in it. Can’t remember what size bit but easy to just look at the frag plugs you want to mount and compare to bit size. Then you can place the rock anywhere you want to hold the frags temporarily or let it grow out and easily pull the plug later.
I also use the reefing art racks, like that the magnets are sealed in the acrylic

Coney Island Girl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi. I'm just contemplating my first tank, so please excuse what might be a stupid question: Why can't coral remains, aka the calcium remnants which no longer have living polyps, be used to support frags?

Aquarocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Aquarocks. Lee makes some killer stuff, and you can commission him to make custom pieces to your specs ( I've had 2 made so far).

Here's a recent-ish pic of my tank. the red lines/circles are "frag racks" that I got from him.

Frag rack.jpg
killer!!!!

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the small and medium size Reefing Art racks and really like them. Hold very well and like another member said, seem to disappear once installed.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi. I'm just contemplating my first tank, so please excuse what might be a stupid question: Why can't coral remains, aka the calcium remnants which no longer have living polyps, be used to support frags?
They definitely can. A lot of people glue their corals to live rock rubble. However, most vendors use frag plugs. These plugs fit into frag racks where corals can be acclimated and propagated until they are mounted permanently onto the aquascape.

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zen Reef makes the best frag racks I’ve found so far! They have a lead time of a couple weeks but we’ll worth the wait! They have silicone inserts that keep your frags from falling out when a snail or crab hangs on to them. Here is some pics of a custom large rack they made for me -
E9D4817E-5ACA-410A-B82B-3A34B31105F5.jpeg
6961C84E-9F61-401A-A49C-B08833904092.jpeg
0DF9F29F-8945-4530-AC15-B0ABFCA116C1.jpeg
E965B0AE-321E-4BDD-A656-003AB9D25986.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back