What's your favorite LED in the market in 2022?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We've got a few of these threads floating around R2R, but I figured it was a good time to start a new one since we've had some new lights come out since the last thread that I found on this. So...

What are your favorite LED's on the market right now? Why do you like those?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just run ReefBreeders. They are sleek enough and cheap enough and have always grown whatever I wanted. Logan is a good dude every time I reach out so I always just stick with them. They are likely not the best but I can’t stomach what some of the other brands are trying to get and the likely hood of the more expensive fixtures making my coral look that much better to be worth it is low.

Can’t wait for some lighting experts who don’t even have a tank to weigh in as well!

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll go with @noopsyche. They make a good light at an affordable price. If money were no object I would probably go with Neptune Sky, but price is a factor.
I agree, I think they are very high quality lighting at a great price. The V3 K7 is nearly identical in terms of intensity, spread, and spectrum as the G4 Radion XR30, for less than half the price (obviously also without the app control). I’m not saying they are the best lights on the market, but what you get for the price is one of the best values in terms of LED lighting.

Last edited:

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the shimmer of my a360x, but I am not very impressed with kessils. If I were building a large tank, I would go all quanta pro led lightbars. Amazing light especially for the money, I cant imagine spending more for something else. The skys and new orphek panels are intriguing, but for the price of quantas... im not sure if I would spend the extra.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I think they are very high quality lighting a a great price. The V3 K7 is nearly identical in terms of intensity, spread, and spectrum as the G4 Radion XR30, for less than half the price (obviously also without the app control). I’m not saying they are the best lights on the market, but what you get for the price is one of the best values in terms of LED lighting.
Yep it was a review stating they they were nearly the same spectrum and intensity as the Radion G4 that sold me on them. I have six of the K7 V3 lights on my tank, and other than the crappy controller I like them.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Kessil over my main display, Noopsyche over my frag tank, and AI Primes over my office tank. Of those I like my Kessil the most. The Noopsyche are great if you just want to grow corals, but something about their lighting looks cheap compared to the other two.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll go with @noopsyche. They make a good light at an affordable price. If money were no object I would probably go with Neptune Sky, but price is a factor.
I've got one of the K7 V3s on my WB PM25, and I'm really liking the spectrum.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6-16hds on 3 systems and like them alot.
Just setup 1 xr15 gen 5 blue on another system so to early to tell.
The 16's bring the color.
20220503_114006.jpg

hqn77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 1 AP9X and 2 A360X with narrow reflectors over a 5 foot tank. Recently added an Orphek OR3 120 blue plus bar and found this combination to provide the best shimmer/pop/coverage for my taste.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@noopsyche
Orphek
Aqua Illumination

The Noopsyche has great penetration and shimmer. I need two more for the real effect of them

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Coral care gen2 for beautiful coverage/spread.Cooling/no fans/no sound is plus.The frosted glass splash guard is a plus in several aspects as It transmits the small amount of beneficial UV-A radiation produced by the violet LED and it will not degrade after prolonged exposure as many plastic covers do. The frosting also aids in color-mixing.Much more PAR in the corners of the tank versus others. color rendering is amazing and corals do not appear “washed out” even under full blues.

Last edited:

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a few of these threads floating around R2R, but I figured it was a good time to start a new one since we've had some new lights come out since the last thread that I found on this. So...

What are your favorite LED's on the market right now? Why do you like those?
My AI Hydra 32’s do a great job, the app is solid, and the downloadable presets make them a snap to set up.
Whenever I show tank pics/videos to other reefers, one of the first questions asked is usually “what lights are you using?” Followed by a comment on how nice the color, shimmer and spread look (not too blue).
$329 a piece, new, made it too hard to turn down.

WyoMt.Chef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the radion I use now works well but for 400+ it better haha. I have a illumagic blaze mini on the way for a new 20g setup as I snagged a jbj rl 20 with stand for 350. Coming from a established Taiwan light manufacturer it looks to be a solid light .I can't find much on it though, outside a couple sponsored videos. 260 shipped with a tank mount. Looks promising and can't wait to go over it with the seneye for some basic par values. If anyone is interested in a write up on it let me know and I'll post it up!!

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if money was no object, CoralCare gen2 or ATI Straton. Otherwise I have to admit I'm intrigued by Orphek bars and Quanta Pro bars. The Quanta Pros in particular seem like very affordable solutions, and I like that they're plug and play like mixing and matching T5s. I have a fantasy of a lagoon style tank with a mix of Tropic Sun /blues.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back