What's your favorite LED in the market in 2022?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radions are my go to till they aren’t and someone sells me on another . I like t5s too !! Wait I also like the reef brite addons, oh and the Neptune oh my !!! Lol!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Seriously Radions and t5s are my fav for now !

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 3 AI hydra 52 Less with aquatic life 5 ft fixture t5 ho 80 watt 4 bulb fixture over my 340 gallon 6 ft by 3ft by 31 inches tall tank. I grow acros without any issues halfway down the tank and hammers at the bottom of the tank. The lights are 4 years old and so far providing reliable lighting. I replace the t5 bulbs every 10-11 months. Great fixture, great lights and great growth.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably too new for this to be meaningful but...

AI Prime 16 HD LEDs because:
- Great controllability and programmability through the myAI app (...plus app handles your Nero powerheads also, if you have 'em)
- Light and compact (so easy to mount)
- Pretty reasonable price considering what you get

*I also really like the Kessil A80 for a really small tank due to it's compact form factor and control simplicity,,, plus the shimmer, if you're into that

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the Reefi Uno fixtures. Good price, solid par, innovative lens design, and the color spread is great. There's a few issues which I wish would be corrected, but all-in-all, it's a solid choice.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best light of 2022? A160WEs circa 2015

81995827-7162-4F37-AEE9-B08168071F7E.jpeg

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I run a giesemann aurora v8 and that’s my favorite fixture on the market but since it’s a hybrid I guess it doesn’t count haha.

If I were to go with a straight up LED it would be between the GHL Mitras, LaniLed or possibly the new ATI Stratton.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like most LED fixtures need more fill light so i think hybrid systems look best. But if i only had to choose one as is, id say the orphek or3 bars or Atlantik. They both are full spectrum and do great at providing both fill light and enough par for sps. I just got some reef brites to add to my ai hydras and im really looking forward to seeing how it looks.

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As klunky and cobbled together as they are, I still prefer my rebuilt Maxspect G2 disasters.

I'll change my mind once somebody makes an easy to use mounting for eurobraced tanks again.
Lots of great looking lights out there but not many choices that are easy for me to mount.

-Hans

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I quite like Radion's and just upgraded my Gen 1 Radion XR30 to the Gen 5 Radion Blue. Unfortunately, I've found my new Radion Blue to be one of the most confusing things I've experienced. On my Gen 1 light, I simply went into the Radion settings on my laptop, programmed CoralLab AB+ settings into it and that was that. Simple.

With my new Gen 5 light, Ecotec's existing CoralLab AB+ settings are for standard Radions and the setting doesn't relate to Radion Blues. Instead, to get the AB+ setting on a G5 Blue, all channels must be set to 100% intensity and there is no instructions/guidance from Ecotec about this as their instructions are all about the standard Radions, not the Blue's. If it wasn't for this forum enlightening me, I wouldn't have known about this or how to set up my new light schedule.

Ecotec's instructions for the G5 Blue are simply generic instructions for their entire range of Radion lights. The Mobius app suffers the same problem - it doesn't have programs specifically for Blue Radions. For the amount these lights cost, it would be nice for Ecotec to provide specific instructions and programs dedicated to the Blue Radions.

Aside from these niggles, I still like my Radion.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a few of these threads floating around R2R, but I figured it was a good time to start a new one since we've had some new lights come out since the last thread that I found on this. So...

What are your favorite LED's on the market right now? Why do you like those?
Aqua Nest M 8's come preprogrsmed for your choice of LPS or SPS or your own. Have timers, and App on phone swet $500 each ( Canadian )

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noop K7 Pro 3 now that it has wifi and app control, all for around $200 each. hard to beat.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the ReedLED90 on a 24" cube for 2+ years and still can't complain. There is a bit more disco ball shimmer than I prefer but it only shows up on camera.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back