What's your favorite LED on the market right now?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReeFi
Have a bunch of Uno's on order. Best built light I have ever seen. Amazing warranty. Top shelf parts in every detail from the LED's to the cooling to the reflectors and glass shield. Super control of all the channels and capable of a ton of PAR

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple kessil 360we but have been drooling over replacing them with the ap9x
Hey Jekyl. check out the Cobalt C-Ray 200. I started with a black box for several years and had great results, upgraded to 2 Kessil's 360we and noticed slower growth. I started using the Cobalt and everything is improving, I now have to dose more alk, mag. The Cobalt's are better if you ask me.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 59
  • s-l1600.jpg2.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 55

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the Kessil 360we, have 2 of them on my 75. I felt like just not enough, so I am trying the Cobalt and it is like WOW> So now I use all of them for close to 400 watts of power.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Orphek and just found out Yesterday how Wonderful their support is

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Philips CoralCare right now. Like Kessil they are a lighting company. They have the history of developing all types of lighting for just about everything.

I like the panel design for coverage. I also like the ip65 rating as well as the fan-less design. The frosted panel is glass, not acrylic like other fixtures. They also come with a 2 year manufacturers warranty. Longer than most others including the ATI Straton.

The downsides are the weight, (they are heavy) and the separate wifi/bluetooth controller. They do come with wire hanging kits but you better have something solid to mount them to.

The color @ 100% on both channels is white. I'm a traditional halide fan, Radiums to be exact. I like a whiter look with that touch of blue. I run 100% blue and around 80 - 85% white for most of my photo period. I do run 100% both for a couple hours in the middle of my schedule for maximum growth. Par is plenty for just about anything in my standard 180gallon.

Coming from Radiums my sps have not blinked since my switch. I did run an acclimation program for 3 weeks going from 70% intensity to my current 100%.

Overall they are very well built. Too early to tell long term how they will perform but I'm hopeful.

ajthomps73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to keep it under the radar since it's out of stock everywhere but I can't help but shout out the ATI Straton. They by far look like insane value for how much light and quality you're getting. Just buying 153 high quality LEDs, heat sink, drivers, power supply, and wifi module gets you very close to the actual price of this unit, but you can't come anywhere near the aesthetics of it in a DIY setup.

I've seen a lot of specs on a lot of lights, and these things have so much going on that they are better bang for your buck than anything else out there. I'm going to order 3 for my new 180 as soon as they are in stock.
I agree these look really good, but what I can’t get over with some of these lights is... you pay thousands of dollars and have a cord hanging down from the lights to the ground. Many of us have cords for power heads (eg mp40/60), but those seem to blend in more. I wish these LED mfrs made better form factor for hiding cords.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jekyl. check out the Cobalt C-Ray 200. I started with a black box for several years and had great results, upgraded to 2 Kessil's 360we and noticed slower growth. I started using the Cobalt and everything is improving, I now have to dose more alk, mag. The Cobalt's are better if you ask me.
Next lights im getting are hybrid

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Kessil but with the 360 we now being discontinued, I cant justify the x.. Price too high and not servicable (dongle??? seriously .. should have been included for the price) I wont continue down that road.. there are better options for the price and performance

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favourite is the Focustronic LEDs great lights easy to use app on phone /tablet and the light swings through 48 degrees throughout the day from left to right so there is very little area in the tank that gets over shadowed. I can't wait till the new light comes out and it will connect to the Mastertronic and as the Mastertronic tests the water the light intensity will automatically adjust so as the tank gets say less po4 /NO3 and the corals don't grow as much the light intensity reduces and as they come back to spec the intensity will increase they also will swing left to right and front to back plus have built in led bars as well as the moving head/puck. Focustronic leading the way.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil a360x for Zoanthids. Blows away my G5 Radions. Can do blue or pro with it. 2 in 1.

Ricky_Reef

Diamond Goby Lover/Hater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running 3 Radion G4 Pro's in a 48" Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid... I'll run this set up until they decide to crash n burn then I'll try and locate more G4 Pro's before I buy G5's... Had great luck with these over the last few years!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back