What's your favorite LED on the market right now?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm currently running a radion G3 with an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid. It works just fine, but since I haven't bought LED's in a while I'm curious about what you guys think are the best ones on the market today. I know radions are still great, and I've also heard great things about the Straton and Phillips Coral Care. What are your favorite LED's on the market now and why?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a radion G3 with an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid. It works just fine, but since I haven't bought LED's in a while I'm curious about what you guys think are the best ones on the market today. I know radions are still great, and I've also heard great things about the Straton and Phillips Coral Care. What are your favorite LED's on the market now and why?
Well I have great success with an AI Prime right now, and the fact that I can easily change everything from my phone makes it super great. So I guess... AI Prime is my fave right now.

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like my Radions … have a couple of G4s and G5s. Running them with the Mobious app .. . which IS temperamental … but seems they are slowly working the bugs out of the app.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swapped out my Radion XR30 Pro G4’s with ReeFi DUO Extreme LED lights, and I’m very happy with them. See my detailed review and side-by-side comparison here:

Last edited:

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put up 3 Coral Care over my SR 120 6 foot tank about a month ago. I could have probably gotten away with 2, but may as well go all out. They have a nice, even spread, easy programming, built like a tank, some shimmer but not overwhelming and dead quiet. I ran Reefbreeder's and Maxspect Ethereals before and the Coral Care blows them away.

a4edwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up with the illumagic blaze!? I don’t know how long they’ve been out but I’m noticing them a lot more they look pretty good. Downside is they’re pretty expensive.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran Kessel ap700 for 2 years, replaced with orphek Atlantic v4.
Color seems richer, and I don't miss the kessil shimmer or shadows.

TankLife86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running Radion G4 with a ReefBrite xho K30 kit over my 25gal lagoon n I'm loving it!

Attachments

• 20210303_204610.jpg
    20210303_204610.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 83

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was to go from my current halides to all led it would be a bunch of OR3 light bars.
I like the on/off only mode.
I run 1 only to supplement my halides for dawn to dust and a little more currently.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am a big Radion fan.
But having said that I recently went with a pair of CoralCare gen 2's over my 240.
I'm finding I like wifi control and no fans.
We will see how they hold up long term.

John t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put up 3 Coral Care over my SR 120 6 foot tank about a month ago. I could have probably gotten away with 2, but may as well go all out. They have a nice, even spread, easy programming, built like a tank, some shimmer but not overwhelming and dead quiet. I ran Reefbreeder's and Maxspect Ethereals before and the Coral Care blows them away.
I run 2 over my 180 Gallon cube. I wouldn’t trade them for anything else. They are a phenomenal light that packs a punch and has solid spread and color. My acros are growing extremely well under them.

shneerf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to keep it under the radar since it's out of stock everywhere but I can't help but shout out the ATI Straton. They by far look like insane value for how much light and quality you're getting. Just buying 153 high quality LEDs, heat sink, drivers, power supply, and wifi module gets you very close to the actual price of this unit, but you can't come anywhere near the aesthetics of it in a DIY setup.

I've seen a lot of specs on a lot of lights, and these things have so much going on that they are better bang for your buck than anything else out there. I'm going to order 3 for my new 180 as soon as they are in stock.

Back