What's your favorite LED on the market right now?

paul barker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI prime on one tank 64 on one tank and I have two more 64 for new tank I like them a lot

alain Bouchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like cheap, quality and performance. I love my 4x popbloom rs90. coverage is very good, spectrum is perfect, controller is ok, coral response is very good and price is awesome.

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek and just found out Yesterday how Wonderful their support is
Totally agree! They have been excellent for me even before I had their lights.

Orphek Atlantiks as well with 2 OR3 bars
I have 3 Atlantiks on my 300dd and just added two OR3 (120) bars and it's awesome. Have an Atlantik on my 75 gallon lagoon as well. Super easy to use and program. Coverage and spectrum are terrific. Quality is very high and the fact that they are fully upgradable means you can always fix/upgrade them EASILY.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree! They have been excellent for me even before I had their lights.

I have 3 Atlantiks on my 300dd and just added two OR3 (120) bars and it's awesome. Have an Atlantik on my 75 gallon lagoon as well. Super easy to use and program. Coverage and spectrum are terrific. Quality is very high and the fact that they are fully upgradable means you can always fix/upgrade them EASILY.
If you say they are super easy to use and program you must one of them there geniuses. My experience has been quite the opposite. I truly believe they are the very best lights with the worst control app.

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of the Kessil shimmer
IMG_2577.gif

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a radion G3 with an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid. It works just fine, but since I haven't bought LED's in a while I'm curious about what you guys think are the best ones on the market today. I know radions are still great, and I've also heard great things about the Straton and Phillips Coral Care. What are your favorite LED's on the market now and why?
None. First, i own and am running all the brands i will give my experience on. I don't think there is a light out there that can be considered best because it seems you need to mix and match to get “best”. AI, Ecotech, Orphek, have a lot of flicker in the tank that drives me crazy, Kessil doesn't have the flicker, but shimmer can be a little too much, and you need to tone that down too. As far as control goes, wow, they all suck. Kessil control probably being the beat, because you can set the knobs and put them on a timer, but cmon manufacturers. So to pin me to one, id say Kessil. You use as many lights to meet your PAR needs, and you are good to go. I do run mine with T5s to tone down that shimmer, but to get my Radions to not look horrible, i have to add the diffuser and waste the lost PAR i already paid for, and for the others, i just add T5s to tone down the offensive flicker. So , can someone please make lighting that can do it on its own? You charge enough!

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to keep it under the radar since it's out of stock everywhere but I can't help but shout out the ATI Straton. They by far look like insane value for how much light and quality you're getting. Just buying 153 high quality LEDs, heat sink, drivers, power supply, and wifi module gets you very close to the actual price of this unit, but you can't come anywhere near the aesthetics of it in a DIY setup.

I've seen a lot of specs on a lot of lights, and these things have so much going on that they are better bang for your buck than anything else out there. I'm going to order 3 for my new 180 as soon as they are in stock.
I hope you are right. Id love to see a single light that matches both the look and performance of a Halide-T5 combo. They aren't cheap, and we've all seen specs before. Specs don't grow coral, and $1k per 2 ft exceeds the $800 per 2 ft that you needed to light a tank with quality LEDs.

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a radion G3 with an Aquatic Life T5 hybrid. It works just fine, but since I haven't bought LED's in a while I'm curious about what you guys think are the best ones on the market today. I know radions are still great, and I've also heard great things about the Straton and Phillips Coral Care. What are your favorite LED's on the market now and why?
I think the issue is finaing someone who has been running the straton or coral care.....

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also have to consider the intended purpose. For a DT I would definitely go with Kessil. If you are looking for max coral growth, say over a frag tank, well then its hard to beat Halide/T5 combos.

Back