What's your favorite LED on the market right now?

SaltWaterGoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 4 Orphek OR3 Blue plus over my 120g, cycle them on and off one at a time, love them!

IMG_4119.jpg
Im going for 2 blue plus and 2 reef days also going to use them as main lights, any suggestions or info to give since u have been using them?

Last edited:

Moab_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my AI Hydra 32HD on my 50 gallon cube. All wifi programmable with moon and acclimation programs. Nice to also be able to download settings and profiles.

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going for 2 blue plus and 2 reed days also going to use them as main lights, any suggestions or info to give since u have been using them?
I cycle them on and off to simulate sunrise/sunset as best I can without the dimming feature, but they work very well. Love the spread and build quality of the lights, same LED's they use on the Atlantik V4 without the control features.

Robert Riccio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had really good luck with my four Hydra FiftyTwo HD's. I recently added them to my APEX and really like that option. Now I can control everything on my reef tank from a single application. So for now AI are my favorite LED.

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also have to consider the intended purpose. For a DT I would definitely go with Kessil. If you are looking for max coral growth, say over a frag tank, well then its hard to beat Halide/T5 combos.
Agree. Kessil for a tank you want to look at. i have Radion XR30s over all but 1 of my frag tanks

zudo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy with my NICREW 150 W lights and waiting for their controller to come out in April/May

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm absolutely in love with my Reefbreeders setup. Crazy high PAR capabilities too.

I'm kinda surprised there haven't been more comments on this thread about these. Absolute best bang for your buck on any considerable footprint IMO.

badams.one

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple kessil 360we but have been drooling over replacing them with the ap9x
Just hooked up those ap9x lights a few weeks back.. they're sick! Getting great par spread throughout the tank like never before at 50%. I recommend watching the BRS video on them.. I have a 5 foot tank and simply spread the two fixtures out a bit to compensate and am getting almost identical par measurements. Cheers!

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue is finaing someone who has been running the straton or coral care.....
Have been running Stratons since they came out. Considered the Coral Cares as I think they are pretty similar as far as light output goes. Before the Stratons I ran V4's and liked them but they just didnt fit the layout of my new 180. Prior to the v4's I had a hybrid set up. I am absolutely amazed at the difference in both color blending and coral growth. I have had to more than double the amount of Alk and Ca dosing just to keep up with the increased demand that I can only attribute to the new lights.

mvbrandt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm kinda surprised there haven't been more comments on this thread about these. Absolute best bang for your buck on any considerable footprint IMO.
Right? Even with BRS showing they're close to on par with the top brands. No / all puns intended.

PXL_20210302_220209999~2.jpg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote for value, cost vs quality and ability is the ledzeal.com mirage X series with superblue layout. Thats a near copy of the g5 blue with a larger footprint resulting in better spread per light. 4channel wifi control.

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm absolutely in love with my Reefbreeders setup. Crazy high PAR capabilities too.
That's the direction I went. I just couldn't see, or afford, spending the price of a decent used car for lights. I have a pretty big footprint to light at 8'x4' and 4 Photon 48's fits the bill. Down the road I my add some led bars but these 4 will get me started.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back