What's your favorite lfs?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey since we're all in the same general area let's get a list going of all the must see fish stores around. That way I can plan my next road trip with the wife (wow honey, I had no idea there was an lfs out here ;) )

OP
OP
xxkenny90xx

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My go too is aquarium paradise in lakewood (its the closest to me)

Barrier reef in renton and Seattle corals in Bellevue are awesome though

GtiKyle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aquarium Paradise seems to be pretty limited on corals, but it's also very close to us too.

Tropical Fish World in Bonney lake sometimes has really good deals on fish, no coral. Good place to snag food and pods.

I used to frequent Barrier Reef in Bellevue, but i feel like their quality has slipped a lot since Natalia left.

Sea King in bellevue usually has great deals on corals, and his fish stock has been getting more impressive.

Saltwater City in Bellevue has a good selection of just about everything, although the last time i was in there the coral tanks had some nasty turf and bubble algae. I hope they get that figured out.

Seattle corals is turning out to be pretty impressive. I used to go to Nima when he was just in his apartment, but now his store front is very nice. Huge selection, tons of variety.

OP
OP
xxkenny90xx

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Paradise seems to be pretty limited on corals, but it's also very close to us too.

Tropical Fish World in Bonney lake sometimes has really good deals on fish, no coral. Good place to snag food and pods.

I used to frequent Barrier Reef in Bellevue, but i feel like their quality has slipped a lot since Natalia left.

Sea King in bellevue usually has great deals on corals, and his fish stock has been getting more impressive.

Saltwater City in Bellevue has a good selection of just about everything, although the last time i was in there the coral tanks had some nasty turf and bubble algae. I hope they get that figured out.

Seattle corals is turning out to be pretty impressive. I used to go to Nima when he was just in his apartment, but now his store front is very nice. Huge selection, tons of variety.
Totally agree with all of that. I don't often buy corals from aquarium paradise but most of my fish are from there and Dom the owner is a straight shooter so I appreciate that.

I actually really like Sierra Fish and pets in renton as well (again, mostly for fish and inverts)

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Barrier Reef is my go-to. I'm down in Tacoma now, so I don't have as easy a time scoping out some of the new places around Seattle.

They did take a bit of a dip when Natalia left, but a lot of that coincided with them getting ready to upgrade and remodel their store. Mid-upgrade, things were pretty rough for them, but I feel like they're getting back to where they were as of late. They have some nice Indo corals in there, and they actually put most of their fish through at least a partial QT procedure before releasing them to sale.

Others I've been to... Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood. They seemed straight-shooting, but I'm not sure how well supplied they are, and a good chunk of their floorspace is given to freshwater.

Saltwater City in Bellevue... I've never been a fan. Prices are sky-high on livestock, and the first time I went in there the guy was super pretentious, even using the royal "we". Maybe things have changed since the last time I was there, but given that it's an extra 20 minutes past Barrier Reef, I haven't gone back in at least four years.

Sierra in Renton is OK, but their focus seems to be more on freshwater and four-legged critters. They have some decent equipment available though.

Sea King and Seattle Corals are both new since I moved down south, so I can't offer much of an opinion there.

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been to Aquarium paradise back before I moved out to the east coast, to give them my african cichlids before I got into saltwater. Now that I'm back and am planning my new tank thats saltwater I need to revisit them. I've visited Barrier Reef in Renton and loved what they had. Need to take a trip up to seattle corals now =)

Back