What's your favorite "overlooked" fish of the month?

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone loves a blue tang or a harlequin tusk but what's your favorite overlooked fish and why?

My favorite overlooked fish of the month is the Sandhopper Blenny, also known as the Red Stripe Sand Perch.

Why?

The dude can really turn his head! How many fish can do that? It's like watching a dog walk on two legs.

He's also not overly aggressive, gets along with other bottom dwellers like my scooter dragonet, he ain't too expensive and he don't look half bad.

So, he's earned my fish of the month award.

1605619634746.png

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many say boring but I like the way my pajama cardinal just floats around. Its also pretty fast when it wants to be, lol.
20200919_184122.jpg
He'd probably be faster and get more done if he just got out his pajamas!

He's kind of like the perfect fish of the year! Works at home and never get's out of his pj's!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many say boring but I like the way my pajama cardinal just floats around. Its also pretty fast when it wants to be, lol.
Probably the most underappreciated fish. I liked the way mine was always visible and unfazed by anyone else. A completely laid back fish. Named him Francis Nelson Stein (Frank N. Stein) cause he looked like he was crudely sewn together from at least 3 different fish. :)

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone loves a blue tang or a harlequin tusk but what's your favorite overlooked fish and why?

My favorite overlooked fish of the month is the Sandhopper Blenny, also known as the Red Stripe Sand Perch.

Why?

The dude can really turn his head! How many fish can do that? It's like watching a dog walk on two legs.

He's also not overly aggressive, gets along with other bottom dwellers like my scooter dragonet, he ain't too expensive and he don't look half bad.

1605619634746.png
Super Cool! How do you think one would do with a YWG?

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragon Wrasse would be mine. These guys are awesome and basically Evolve as they grow! Awesome fish for sure.

Marine-Wrasse-Dragon.jpg
That is a fish worth looking at. Thing looks like he would eat a horse though.

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater mollies in salt water -
Well, it ain't a freshwater molly then, is it? I just put one in my frag tank just to see what she would do. Someone told me they would eat algae. Not so much. Gonna get me a tang.

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawnmower blenny = discount dragon wrasse :)
I had a lawnmower blenny a while back and he was kind of nuts. Now maybe my memory ain't that good anymore but I remember him racing around the tank from rock to rock kind of in a mad dash.

OP
OP
M

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Watchman Goby?
LoL, I should have been able to guess that. He's in my tank with a red scooter dragonet and a mandarin and they all seem to be fine. I would guess he would leave a ywg alone. My long nose hawk doesn't seem to like him though and will take stab at catching him when he has a chance.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why?

1605619634746.png
just wait those sand perch get big and mean. innocent cute fish when small but nasty temper as they grow.

Back