Whats your favorite "unpopular/uncommon" Tank Creature?

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kinds? that is really broad

I love all of them. Only ones I have really ever had an issue with are ich and fireworms. I remove gorilla crabs out of precaution. Since ich is no longer a problem for me in the hobby I guess the only hitchhikers I dont care for are fireworms and gorilla crabs lol.

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our decorator crab has been a huge hit. They have a bad rep because they take corals and well decorate themselves. I mean if you go into it knowing they will grab what they can and accept that they are a fascinating and interesting tank inhabitant.

Watching it creep around the tank covered in random stuff is fun. Its also a very interactive feeder and comes right up to the tongs when I target feed it. They are cheap to buy and easy to take care of so an easy win.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I love Lettuce Slugs
Are you talking about the lettuce nudibranch (that are not actually nudibranch)?
0EFBC830-9AD1-425A-A271-BC79EE74AE9F.jpeg

This is the one I used to have. It was very cool but my first ever casualty. It liked to detach from the rock and float around and got stuck in the pump. Hindsight, I should have added him later when there was more algae to graze on.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another I just thought of was my cowrie. The first time I saw it’s mantle over the top of its shell it freaks me out. Up to that point I had only seen it’s pretty shell.

nick654377

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All shrimps and crabs. Even mean ones. Spaghetti worms. Almost all worms. Lol. Hitchhikers. Lol. My reef is more interesting at night.
*** that. We had a 2 inch gorilla crab that was making everything in our tank scared to come out.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a reef lobster… very elusive but when he pops out it’s very exciting! I’ve had mine for a few years… id say over 4”
B864ABAE-48B1-4E18-A22D-6CA4A75A20D8.png
How’s this guy in your tank? Does he do well in a reef? What other fish do you have? I’ve wanted one for a while but I haven’t actually heard any direct stories about them, just ones that have been passed around

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back