What's Your Most Expensive Livestock?

lester lloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid 150$ for a Sohal tang only to be killed by my purple tang in a about a month I paid 200$ for a new one a month ago doing great in a holding tank 55g will be moved when I setup my new 180 next month and hope my purple tang leave him alone lol

lester lloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid 150$ for a Sohal tang only to be killed by my purple tang in a about a month I paid 200$ for a new one a month ago doing great in a holding tank 55g will be moved when I setup my new 180 next month and hope my purple tang leave him alone lol

porterreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tang, but I actually got it and a sailfin tang at the same time. I purchased the pair for $200. They were the maintenance crew in frag tanks at my somewhat lfs. The owner kindly acquiesce my request to remove the frag racks and get them out for me. I then got a fat, healthy yellow tang for $20 the next weekend from a local fish group. They are my favorite 3 amigos. The purple and the yellow bicker a little, but for the most part no problems with adding them all close together. Here's a pic of when I first got them in the tank.
20170529_171141.jpg
I've got the same three amigos in my tank they are fun to watch...although the purple is supposed to be the most expensive I got it for half off due to its poor health and the LFS knew I was a fish health guy for my day job and said you can take it home if you think you can save it. That was over a year ago!! :p Sailfin is a fatty that begs for food while the and purple sit back and wait for the Rod's in the afternoon or the nori at lunch!

cigarshark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ship?
At this time we don’t. Our systems are not designed for quick easy access to fish for shipping in an efficient manner. We use large open systems ranging from 300 - 1000 gallons to hold or fish.

cigarshark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree I just found a 3ft beautiful Ribbon eel at my LFS. They had it for 3 weeks and was told it was nibbling at food. I just set up a swim tank and moved my Moorish Idol that developed a taste for corals and thought his would be a great companion. He ate Rosie’s off a stick the first night and now have him eating LRS and shrimp off the stick. Not very expensive paid $79 but I know their price go way up once they change colors. I was planning and open top tank but that changed with this guy so the lid is in and tighten.
c33b93a8a94ab04c59f9147b5e41fb0a.heic

I brought in 2 black ribbons about 7 weeks ago and we got them to eat goldfish from tweezers. They went home with one of my staff.
I love your golden angel.

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought in 2 black ribbons about 7 weeks ago and we got them to eat goldfish from tweezers. They went home with one of my staff.
I love your golden angel.

Thank you that Golden angel and Moorish Idol are the reason I have a second tank. They were model citizens for over 4 years in my 200 reef. Then of course on my one trip to Europe last month they decide to take out 3 clams and 2 hammers in a span of a week. I pulled them and had them in a bucket ready to go to LFS for store credit. I could not do it they are both amazing Fish. So I just set up a 125 that include the ribbon eel and corals I know these guys won’t eat.

Punksboops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
350 black tang
220 goldflake angel
Both from TSM on auction worth every penny

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back