whats your thoughts on LiveAquaria and Divers Den

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right, I can't speak for everyone. Maybe this isn't a big deal for you, but to me it's a poor business decision to change the policy and enforce it on people who had already placed orders...a policy that asks me to keep a dead fish in my wife's freezer... that makes a big difference to me. Enough that I will personally be shopping elsewhere.

Your wife never cooks fish? [emoji848] Those are dead. Lol.

If you placed the order and they changed it after, I agree, it shouldn’t be enforced. Everyone’s different, you’re right, they’ve done me well for over 10 years so I’ll stick it out.

Rython

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your wife never cooks fish? [emoji848] Those are dead. Lol.

If you placed the order and they changed it after, I agree, it shouldn’t be enforced. Everyone’s different, you’re right, they’ve done me well for over 10 years so I’ll stick it out.

We don't generally know the fish we buy at the supermarket are covered in parasites. It takes quite a bit of reduction to call that the same thing.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't generally know the fish we buy at the supermarket are covered in parasites. It takes quite a bit of reduction to call that the same thing.

It was a joke, but, you’re not putting the dead fish on top of the fish you cooked. You’re putting it in a bag ontop of youre ice cubes. After all it’s just some added flavor [emoji39]

Anyways, You know 99% of people won’t keep the fish, that’s silly to think your wife is going to want that in there.

Last edited:

Pete1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have only stocked my tank with fish from DD exclusively and have no QT, no problems yet. Yes I know I should QT, please don't yell at me! I have also heard good things about TSM corals, is it true they QT every fish? Can anyone verify this? Was thinking about using them when I eventually get some tangs because of how ich prone they can be, not sure DD protocol will be enough.

Tsm corals in nj qt every fish for a month before they sell them to the public! There prices are alittle higher than most stores but at least you have piece of mind!

Sense of nature

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump from the dead, Has anyone noticed the recent inventory change in L.A?
No longer have Potters Wrasses , No longer have Ornate Wrasses, I'm sure there are others, but these are a couple I noticed.
You used to be able to be on the e mail list to be notified when these fish are available, no longer an option.
Just wondering if others have noticed & which species are no longer available

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump from the dead, Has anyone noticed the recent inventory change in L.A?
No longer have Potters Wrasses , No longer have Ornate Wrasses, I'm sure there are others, but these are a couple I noticed.
You used to be able to be on the e mail list to be notified when these fish are available, no longer an option.
Just wondering if others have noticed & which species are no longer available

Could be because of the bans Hawaii. With permits expiring allot of species will disappear or are disappearing from the hobby.
Like the potters wrasse is from Hawaii.

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fishbase shows them having a larger territory than just Hawaii. https://www.fishbase.de/summary/Macropharyngodon-geoffroy.html

Same with Yellow Tangs: http://www.fishbase.se/summary/Zebrasoma-flavescens.html

Makes me wonder why you only ever seem them from Hawaii.

Yellow tangs are collected in a few other places in less quantities..
The wrasses could possibly be in other areas but that does not mean there is collection in those areas either.
There could be limits so few come in..
There were several wrasses and a few other fish that come only from Hawaii..
Kole tang is another fish that will now be in short supply...

Some areas that collect may send their shipments to other countries,

Also been hearing the Indo shipment on fish are coming in less frequently because of the coral ban..

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back