ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've had a Powder Brown for about 6mos. Today bought a Chocolate Brown on a great price.

First hour.... the PB chased the Choc into the corner and took a few chunks out of tail fin. Chocolate strategically hid so the PB couldn't get to him btwn two rocks

Second hour Choc came back out to stroll around. Anytime the PB started that "attack sequence"...I'd SMACK the front glass to get the PB to run and hide away. PB knows my face and I'm the "food guy" as it swims to the glass to greet me when it's feeding time. Anyway, this SMACK (I think) registered in its lil brain, I was NOT happy!

Spent hours 2, 3 and 4 continuing this SMACK intervention

Interesting that into hr 3, all I had to do is raise my hand and aggressively point at the PB and he knew I wasnt happy.

Over 4 hrs, I probable had the SMACK the glass about 20, 25 times... but the PB put together that beginning an "attack" on the Choc meant I was going SMACK and scare him.

By hr 4 the Choc pretty much can swim a majority of the tank with the PB still swimming up to the Choc...but no bites. Just a flair of the fins showing the Choc who's boss.

Almost nite nite fir tank and Choc no longer under attack, just being muscled a bit.

We'll see what Day2 will bring... hopefully more chillness.

WHAT DO YOU DO IN THESE SITUATIONS???

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Ajayabb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’ve had good success with placing a mirror in front of the tank to distract the Tang while they acclimate with the other fish. In my case my Yellow Tang was overly aggressive towards my new long nose butterfly fish. The mirror trick distracted the yellow tang for the first couple days and now they are perfect tank mates. Granted in your case it’s species vs species but it’s worth a try

REEFTIDE

Johnz

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yes, get a mirror. I have 2 yellows, a purple, a white tail bristletooth, a hippo and a copper band butterfly I'm one tank. When adding a new tang a small shaving mirror I got off Amazon gets taped to the side of the tank for a couple weeks. Works every time.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Lights off, separation box and the old mirror trick.
C'mon @G Santana ....
im talking fish NOT your old COLLEGE DATING TRICKS

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Atlantik icon reef aquarium LED lighting
BRS

How many different food items do you feed your fish?

• Only one food

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • 2 Foods

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • 3 Foods

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • 4 Foods

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • 5+ Different Foods

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • 10+ Different Foods

Votes: 17 18.1%