When an anemone splits - parent & child anemone placement Q

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know anemones can’t be near each other, we have 4 -- 2 large long tentacles, a rainbow bubble tip and a rock flower, but if an anemone splits is it different if the child anemone is nearby the parent one vs just placing any 2 anemones together? I ask because I’ve seen videos and photos online about splitting and the child/children anemone were afterward planted nearby the parent. My rainbow bubble tip had started splitting.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know anemones can’t be near each other, we have 4 -- 2 large long tentacles, a rainbow bubble tip and a rock flower, but if an anemone splits is it different if the child anemone is nearby the parent one vs just placing any 2 anemones together? I ask because I’ve seen videos and photos online about splitting and the child/children anemone were afterward planted nearby the parent. My rainbow bubble tip had started splitting.
Children anemones can be touching the parent absolutely no problem. The anemones will walk around and place themselves. I usually gather all the children and put them into a box to make it easier to sell them.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Children anemones can be touching the parent absolutely no problem. The anemones will walk around and place themselves. I usually gather all the children and put them into a box to make it easier to sell them.
That’s what I thought. Thanks :)

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is species related, for example, bubble tips can touch one another, pic total of 5 of my anemones all touching. I’d like to think they are holding hands

Attachments

• E3F8FFF7-62A0-40EF-BFF4-A78BC91C3BC0.jpeg
    E3F8FFF7-62A0-40EF-BFF4-A78BC91C3BC0.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 99

Jonas Bergkvist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubbletip split two times and the children stayed next to the parent for a few weeks. One of the kids then moved a few inches over to a new rock. One kid is still very near the parent :)

Rob W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
What do you mean when you say you put them in a box. I am new to all of this and want to learn as much as I can.

Fordmustang480

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
What do you mean when you say you put them in a box. I am new to all of this and want to learn as much as I can.
placing them into a mushroom box, helps avoid them moving around the tank. Mushroom boxes also help keep them from finding their way into wave makers.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just had a double split and no issues with them around each other

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine split like once a month now.
I always think I need to redo my 30g because I just hate the look of it but then my rose splits lol
Started with 1 have 6 now all right around each other

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back