When it comes to this hobby.... what's your biggest PET PEEVE?

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB_IMG_1570892745746.jpg
Yeah, too big, but he plans to upgrade!

teller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People that tell me i should buy LEDs, then want to buy me halide frags because the look so good.

/QUOTE]
You opened a thread asking if you should go MH and T5 or LED on your next reef tank.
Now you complain about some people advise you for LEDs.
You really just opened the other thread for bashing LEDs, no doubt.
This is very low level.
Shamefull.
This is my pet peeve.
MH is great as is T5 and LED.

Last edited:

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When BRS preaches ultra low nutrient systems. Get you phosphates your zero which is your target goal by buying all this wonderful equipment we sell. Then buy our reef chili, reef roids etc so you don’t starve your corals -__- I think we’re all learning that that ULNS is a marketing scam.
(btw I still live brs for all the other knowledge that they have to offer but THIS IS MY PET PEEEEEEEVE lol

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Milliliters.. well, basically anything metric ;Joyful

I work best with "a dash," "a pinch," or "a smidge." Beyond that, cups, fluid ounces, or teaspoons will suffice!

If I was good at math and book-lernin, I'd be paying someone to maintain it!

dduby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service that is basically send it back to the manufacturer. I shouldn't have to send an unused DOA product back to the manufacturer and wait through the RMA process.

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if I was in the retail business I might have a different reaction, but as a consumer I am a big fan of the companies you're describing. They are, as you describe, essentially direct connections between consumer and wholesaler. Which is awesome for the consumer. I exclusively use those companies now.
I disagree, I ordered from one of these companies and the anemone looked absolutely nothing like the image. Their response? “Well you got a great deal”
It’s poor quality control. The person talking to you isn’t even in the same state as the person packing and you’re at the whim of the wholesaler to give you accurate advice on the medication they use, how they’re housing things, the area something was collected etc.
An awesome example would be those Japanese anemones that wholesalers swore we’re from tropical climates... how many people that bought them actually still have them?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I have a good one.

My biggest one is when someone posts a comment that is clearly combative or rude but puts LoL or a emoji in it. If you are gonna be rude or combative own up to it.

Like I always say, if you start off by saying “not to be disrespectful but...”. Then obviously you know it is disrespectful and just trying to put a spin on it..

Hence,I hate conflict and stay away from it. I will admit I like reading it though.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I have a good one.

My biggest one is when someone posts a comment that is clearly combative or rude but puts LoL or a emoji in it. If you are gonna be rude or combative own up to it.

Like I always say, if you start off by saying “not to be disrespectful but...”. Then obviously you know it is disrespectful and just trying to put a spin on it..

Hence,I hate conflict and stay away from it. I will admit I like reading it though.
If you like reading it the it must not be your pet peeve. “Lol”

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll say it upfront, I'm a Baby Boomer, I hate acronyms. Someone said "PP in my signature", first thought was writing my name in the snow. Still don't know what "PP" references, but I'm sure it's something that will make me feel stupid.
Oh yeah, my Wife and I/me don't do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media other than email, R2R and Louisiana Reef Club forums, so most drawings, contests, whatever, pretty much exclude us from a lot of entries, that's aggravating.
I'm really not as dumb as I sound. I used to manage and operate multi- billion dollar deepwater oil and gas drilling and production facilities in the GoM (that one should be easy to figure out) if you worked in that area.

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That quarantined fish are not sold online!!!!!! So many beginner reefers quit due to problems which quarantine would easily solve. I personally have been trying to track down a few fish since feb/March.

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PP usually means paypal. I'm 48 BTW, never too old to learn something new...FWIW.
Told you it would be stupid, I even have a "PP" account that I opened for selling some equipment here on R2R just a few months ago. The company I worked for actually had an acronym dictionary that employees could reference and contribute to, just to keep up with acronyms being generated during the development of new technology, they had to be work related of course. Some of you, if you worked for that company may remember the acronym for that internal site was, I kid you not, CHAOS.

cobast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest pet peeve is I personally DO NOT take life very seriously.....I use comedy a LOT to dismantle the Chaos in life.

My biggest pet peeve on R2R is when om criticized and brow-beated over throwing a little comedy in all these serious scientific posts looking for Holy Grail answers.

Cant count how many times I've been replied back to saying, "if you have nothing of value to add to my post, plz quit trolling"

;Drool Get over yourself and lighten up
Your humour would be appreciated on Australian sites.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
Back