When it rains, it pours....

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done a freshwater dip on any of them? Have you treated for flukes yet?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a few things going on, I am pretty sure that’s velvet but the eye and tattered fin on the PT make me wonder about Flukes also.
When you do a WC are you predosing the new water so the copper levels never drop?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing not accounted for is brook. I know you mentioned a rally bath at the beginning, did that have any effect on it?

OP
OP
The new fish on the block

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was his eye like that when you dipped him? Have you added anything to QT with him after you dipped him?

No, I dipped them in FW and Arciflavine then he started developing the eye then I dose Kanaplex to combat the eye infection. It went away and now it’s come back.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reaction to the copper overdose is something to consider as well.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reaction to the copper overdose is something to consider as well.
This is why I asked how long they have been in copper. It could be an adverse skin reaction to the exposure of the higher level of Cu.

It's especially common in zebrasoma tangs which would make even more sense. It's a hard one to diagnose from the pics.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks @4FordFamily calling you guys in on this one...

Can you give us a timeline... with treatments that have already been given and when copper was started and brought to the current level, etc?
I started my 72 day fallow period 3/19 ( if my math is correct ) i let the fish chill out in QT for about a week and a half befor I started copper treatment. I was slowly bringing up the copper when one day i came home and saw my fish covered in spots, that night I did a Fw dip and 90min acriflavine bath then put then back in QT, then the spots werent bad w the next few days, and i continued raising my copper levels, then the tang developed a very cloudy eye so i treated it with Kanaplex and it went away, a few days later it came back so I did another kanaplex treatment.
How long have the fish been at 2.74ppm?
I honestly do not know could be days to a week or 2 i just got my checker today before I was using API.
When you dipped them did you find flukes?

I did not see any.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my 72 day fallow period 3/19 ( if my math is correct ) i let the fish chill out in QT for about a week and a half befor I started copper treatment. I was slowly bringing up the copper when one day i came home and saw my fish covered in spots, that night I did a Fw dip and 90min acriflavine bath then put then back in QT, then the spots werent bad w the next few days, and i continued raising my copper levels, then the tang developed a very cloudy eye so i treated it with Kanaplex and it went away, a few days later it came back so I did another kanaplex treatment.

I honestly do not know could be days to a week or 2 i just got my checker today before I was using API.

I did not see any.
How long has it been since you added any copper?

If you have only been north of 1.50ppm for a few days it could be parasitic.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the fact that the rally bath cleared it up for a few days... has me leaning towards brook. It can present differently with different fish, especially while suppressed with copper.

It’s definitely not ich or velvet with the copper level that high for a week... unless the test was off for whatever reason. Did you run it a second time to be sure?

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the fact that the rally bath cleared it up for a few days... has me leaning towards brook. It can present differently with different fish, especially while suppressed with copper.

It’s definitely not ich or velvet with the copper level that high for a week... unless the test was off for whatever reason. Did you run it a second time to be sure?
I did not but I will do another when I get home.
I also haven’t seen my purple tang eat in over a week so should I just abandon copper all together of back off slowly?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back