When to use reef roids

JohnnyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you use reef roids during the day or right after the lights go out?

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what your trying to feed. Look at your tank and see when the polyps are out the most. If it's sps corals it's usually at night.

OP
OP
JohnnyReef

JohnnyReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just curious if there’s a more effective time of day to use it to get the most from the product

SaltLifer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using reef roids right before I also coincidentally had a GHA outbreak. I know more food=more detritis=more nutrients and all but I have been kind of hesitant to use it again. Anybody else have issues?

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefroids are awesome from the numbers I have seen on them and my corals love it. Especially my zoas. I broadcast feed during the day when the torches, Zoas, frogspawns, and goniopora are open. My candy cane likes during the night, but it can just take the nutrients from what is leftover from the day.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed it twice to my tank every day using a automatic fish feeder. Ever since I started doing this, I noticed everything has grown a bit quicker. I wouldn’t suggest this unless you have the means of exporting all the extra nutrients this adds.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using reef roids right before I also coincidentally had a GHA outbreak. I know more food=more detritis=more nutrients and all but I have been kind of hesitant to use it again. Anybody else have issues?
I have GHA because I feed 2-3x a day, moderate flow, and Reefroids 3x a week. So a lot of nutrients will settle. I thought the chaeto reactor would help and it did. Just bought a little 10g Tetra Filter pump and made a bag of Phosguard & Purigen to help pull silicates, phosphate, and nutrients. That should drop my phosphates back down like it did before.

Donaldf973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 50/50 mix reef roids into a slurry with water and seachem fuel. I refrigerate this in a squeeze bottle until i use it. I split 5ml into breakfast and dinner for corals and i do this 1-3 times a week depending on nitrate/phosphate levels.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back