When will my pair of clownfish find a spot??

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish have been in my tank for about a week and a half and they haven’t settled on a place they like yet. They’re everywhere in my tank. Up, down, left, right , center, and all around. They sleep in the same area (near my return pump output nozzle) but swim everywhere in the tank. When will they establish their spot?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to mention, I have three fish in there. Recently, they have started having a dispute every other night or so where the smallest clown (mainly but both) bullies my royal gramma. I just need them to find a territory for this can stop and they can be happy. I feed them a little more to try to get them to settle down, which they do. I’m thinking about getting an anemone even though I don’t want want and rather them to settle somewhere else, to stop this. I love clownfish, I just hate these

Birdbrains?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they do not feel they have to guard their territory against something stronger, they will continue to dominate the weaker fish in your tank. If you do not really want to make room for an anemon, I think you have to introduce a fish that can take over the dominant role if you wish the behaviour to stop, depending on what you have room for ofc. How big is your tank?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they do not feel they have to guard their territory against something stronger, they will continue to dominate the weaker fish in your tank. If you do not really want to make room for an anemon, I think you have to introduce a fish that can take over the dominant role if you wish the behaviour to stop, depending on what you have room for ofc. How big is your tank?
Just traded in the clownfish for store credit

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably for the best. ^_^
I don’t know if you remember but you responded to my post about them attacking my gramma. It feels like I got something off my chest now. No more stress and I got 50% store credit once they sell. Just got two rarer corals (at least at my LFS). It was a charming charlie zoa and an Illuminati zoa.
Can’t find good picture of a charming Charlie online. May have be mislabeled but heres the Illuminati
1624127458120.jpeg

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if you remember but you responded to my post about them attacking my gramma. It feels like I got something off my chest now. No more stress and I got 50% store credit once they sell. Just got two rarer corals (at least at my LFS). It was a charming charlie zoa and an Illuminati zoa.
Can’t find good picture of a charming Charlie online. May have be mislabeled but heres the Illuminati
1624127458120.jpeg
Yep, I do remember. That's why I figured it's for the best - I believe that the most important about an aquarium is that it brings joy to the owner. If it stops doing that, or if something takes too long to rectify and takes the joy away, then there's no reason to suffer through it. Glad you are enjoying your new corals. Is that a picture of your Illuminati in particular? That's amazing!

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I do remember. That's why I figured it's for the best - I believe that the most important about an aquarium is that it brings joy to the owner. If it stops doing that, or if something takes too long to rectify and takes the joy away, then there's no reason to suffer through it. Glad you are enjoying your new corals. Is that a picture of your Illuminati in particular? That's amazing!
No wwc. Just something I found online. It’ll look better under blue lights like all my corals but here’s mine
image.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back