When you think you have reached the end.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a if it ain't broken fix it kind of guy. That means an upgrade here a tweak there, never completely happy with my lot. Yet as I sit here writing this on my phone I can't thank of anything now I can do to my system to improve it, shocking I know.

My most recent upgrade/tweak was to put a Kessil 160WE freshwater cob light over my magnifica nem which replace 2 Asta 20 freshwater cob lights. They worked well but the, I can do a bit better than them kicked in and so they were replaced with the kessil. Only time will tell if it is a real improvement over the Asta's while I experiment with the kesills spectrum and intensity.

I can't improve anymore on my lighting without spending a stupid amount of money, even then it would be debatable if any real improvement would come about.
Current lighting along with the Kessil on my D-D 1500 Pro reef is.
2 X Orphek icons
3x Orphek 120 light bars 2 blue plus and a day plus.

In tank I have a Jebao gyre and 2 x Ecotech MP40s

Living rock makes up my reefscape.

Sump is heavily modified to my own beliefs.
No particulate filtration, that is no filter wool, no socks or roller mat, nothing.
I have a Reef Octopus 150 skimmer,no am not going to replace that as it is IME better than some skimmers costing nearly twice the price, it replace a Nyos 160 and its better than the Nyos IME.

I have a Turbo Aquatics waterfall ATS which is great. An Aqua Medic kalk stirrer and an Ultra Reef 300 reactor with a little rowa.

A Tunze ATU and D-D temperature controller.

A couple of bio block complete the sump with a Jebao sine wave return pump.

I have a calcium reactor in reserve to be used as and when required.

I am not one for dosing or heavy computer control as I am more a hands on guy.

Looking at my tank and how well its doing then looking at the equipment I have then it's complete..... That is until I get another light bulb moment.

20221121_161106.jpg

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy American Thanksgiving Atoll! From our side to your side of the pond.

What about the Oxydator?!?!?!

Oh yea, your aquarium is spectacular!
Thanks, yeah forgot the oxydator, how could I do such a thing will edit it. Oops to late to do that.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautifull system! Looks like its time for an upgrade, lol.
Keep up the good work.
You and the guys are worse than my mate. He nagged me into upgrading from a Reefer 250 to this one. I don't think shevwho.must be obeyed would approve another upgrade

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well , time to set up another tank !! :cool:
my thought to. spot messing around with the big tank let it be for the next 10 years get a small nano to do projects in.
here some ideas:
~macro algae tank
~dwarf seahorses
~FW planted
~favorite coral show tank
the list goes on and on...

idk just an idea tell she who must be obeyed its the price of admission. its a small ask for your mental health. that way you can have one project tank and one tank you just lean alone.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! When I used to do display tanks I eventually got to the point I felt "done" and I sold them as complete setups just as an excuse to start over. The journey for me is more fun than the destination. Lately I just concentrating on frag tanks though I did setup a display at the LFS...I imagine when it grows out I will sell that too lol

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my thought to. spot messing around with the big tank let it be for the next 10 years get a small nano to do projects in.
here some ideas:
~macro algae tank
~dwarf seahorses
~FW planted
~favorite coral show tank
the list goes on and on...

idk just an idea tell she who must be obeyed its the price of admission. its a small ask for your mental health. that way you can have one project tank and one tank you just lean alone.
Don't tempt me lol.
I have had nano tanks with larger tanks in the past. One thing I am more than happy with is the relatively low level of maintenance I have to do on this one.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! When I used to do display tanks I eventually got to the point I felt "done" and I sold them as complete setups just as an excuse to start over. The journey for me is more fun than the destination. Lately I just concentrating on frag tanks though I did setup a display at the LFS...I imagine when it grows out I will sell that too lol
Thanks, Been there done that more than once esp when moving house.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back